cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of RV to billing Type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Accounting document type can be attached to Billing Type. but if document type is not attached to billing type by default RV is generated.

Please tell me how this RV is generated by default.

regards,

GHS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

See, actually u are not assigning this RV anywhere, even in copy controls.

This is the SAP's standard functionality, the system proposes automatically the document type RV in such a way they have written program.

Nobody can modify that.

If u need further clarifications, please refer SIEMENS sd material. It was mentioned there clearly.

Hope it clarifies,

Reward points if useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend kaleeswaran bhoopathy ,

I dont have Siemens text with me if u can explain in little detail, it would be very helpful.

email :sapdata.g@gmail.com

regards,

GHS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i mean to say is, there is no need of assignment for RV.in VOFA (billing type)screen, there is a field called Document type.

Here if u leave the field blank, then the system automatically takes the accounting document type RV.

There is no need of any assignments.

Moreover, as the other friend said, Goto the OBA7, here u can view the RV related settings, u can see under the account types allowed. there u can find out the customer is ticked.

This is the information u can see it in that material.

Hope now u understood.

Thanks & regards

Kaleeswaran

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear BHS

I think, the explanations given in this forum are quite clear and I dont know still what you want.

okay to understand further, I will give you one more example.

As you would know, the document type for cancelled billing type is S1. Now go to VOFA and select your credit memo billing type. Here in the field "Document Type", if you have not specified "S1", by default, RV only be assigned to your credit memo and hence, in your accounting document also, you will see wrong entries. That is instead of credit, debit entry will be flowing.

Hope this explanation is suffice your requirement.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood all the points explained..

But would exactly like to know by default how is RV picked up.

As far as tick goes, customer is ticked in many accounting dcument types.

Pls do let me know what is the specific reason for RV being default pick up insptite of not mentionig in VOFA.

Sorry if my qst is little irritating but i am trying to get al least some concrete anwers.

regards,

GHS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kalishwaran

if you have SIMENS material can u mail me on

jatin.parmar@ril.com

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

RV is the standard document type defined in oba7. There are several FM which call up this document RV during transfer of billing to acctg.

Thanks,

Pramod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear GHS

In VOFA, if the field "Document Type" is not selected and left blank for your billing type, then by default, for all your outgoing invoices, document type RV will come.

To further explain this, you go to OBA7 where SAP listed out all standard document types. Here select the document type RV and click the blue lens on top. Now you can see a tab "Account Types Allowed", where Customer is selected. This is the standard SAP functionality.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Accounting Doct is assigned to Billing Document type because of that only system is taking that doct type .

If we are not assigned any thing system automatically taking RV beacuse some where the copy controls are maintained between F2 to RV so it is picking RV defaultly..

Just find out where is the copy controls between F2 ---> RV

if it is correct plz let me know..

Reward if it is Useful..

Regards

Durga Prasad