cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print page numbers in adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to print page numbers in adobe form.

Thanks in advance

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

This is pretty simple just follow below steps.

Identify if you want to print the page number in header or footer?

Once identified go to Library --> Standard Tab --> and you have an element for page n of m just select it and drag it on the master page.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the field page n of m is used normally for printing page numbers. But it won't display the current page of total pages by itself. You have to set the run time property to n (current page ) and m (Total number of pages). Carefully select the # (current page ) and ## (Total number of pages). Hope this works for you.

My requirement is to have the user control on current page. For Example:

Example for a Invoice with 5 PO items (stands on 2 pages) :

1st page is the letter : no page number

2nd page is the 1st page of the 1st copy of the invoice : we should read u201C1 / 2u201D

3rd page is the 2nd page of the 1st copy of the invoice : we should read u201C2 / 2u201D

4th page is the 1st page of the 2nd copy of the invoice : we should read u201C1 / 2u201D

5th page is the 2nd page of the 2nd copy of the invoice : we should read u201C2 / 2u201D

Presently i cam getting the current page number for page 4th as 3 / 2 and for 5th page 4 / 2. I could able to control the total number of pages from print program. But when i am printing the second copy (4th and 5th pages), I couldn't able to control the current page number. I need to initialize the Current page count (4th page ) as 1.

I have used the follwing java scripting:

this.rawValue = wv_pages - xfa.layout.page(this)

where wv_pages is total no of pages calculated from print program.

Please help me in this regard with some formcal or java scripting conditions.

Thank You,

Regards,

Naresh.

dhirendra_pandit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To insert the value of a run-time property into a text object

You can insert the values of run-time properties into a text object. When the form is viewed, the actual value is inserted automatically.

The inserted value can have a different font, font size, and font style than the text object.

1. In the text object, place the cursor where you want the value of the run-time property to be merged.

2. Select Insert > [run-time property value].

• To insert the current page number of the finished form, select Current Page Number.

• To insert the total number of pages making up the finished, select Number of Pages.

• To insert the current date/time, select Current Date/Time.

• To insert the value of the locale setting for the application processing the form, select Viewer Locale.

• To insert the name of the application processing the form, select Viewer Name.

• To insert the version number of the application processing the form, select Viewer Version.

3. Select the run-time property value and edit its properties.

0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

use java script for the page number element like

this.rawValue = xfa.layout.page(this); in layout: ready

Regards

Sachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey!

in the library pallette u have that the option page <n of m> ,might be in custom or so.. simply drag it and see the output.