cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Type is not picked up in Intercompany Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is Intercompany STO. Here the flow is Purchase Order-Outbound Delivery- Invoice. No sales order.

I have two billing types, proforma invoice and Intercompany invoice. Both are copy of standard types.

I have maintained copy control for both of the invoices.The flow is working fine. But there is a issue.

The issue is while creating billing, I have to manually pick the billing type.( i.e. ZIV, copy of IV). If I don't select the billing type, I get a error " Billing type ZNLC can not be invoiced with billing type IV" (Here, ZNLC is my delivery type, copy of NLCC).Its not picking the correct billing type(ZIV).

I can't understand where this reference to IV is made. I have deleted the copy control from ZNLC to IV as it is not required.

As per my knowledge, the reference billing document is picked through copy controls and sales document settings. (VOV8)

Even I have checked item category. Is there any other settings?

Could someone suggest what is the cause for this error and how to rectify it?

Thanks and Regards,

Pathanjali Bhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

After ur explanation wat i understand is you did the configuration i.e copy control ZNLC ---> ZIV and also u did with proforma Invoice i.e u did the copy control with 2 types of invoices .

I think so , because of that reason system is not able pick the sutable document type

Delete one copy control which is not required.. and try it.

If it will work let me know..

Reward if it is useful.

regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Prasad,

The issue is not with copy controls. As I mentioned when I select the billing type manually in VF01 it works fine. Problem is the billing type is not picked up automatically when I enter delivery number and execute. It is picking IV even though there is no copy control and gives the error.

Hope I have explained the issue clearly.

Thanks & Regards,

Pathanjali Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please first check with the dummy Sales order type assigned to Intercompany Delivery type through , Txn -> VTLA.

Now assign the Intercompany Billing Type for this Sales order type in customizing.

Sales Order Type Definition -> Select the Dummy Sales Order type -> Enter the Intercompany Invoice Type.

Txn -> VOV8

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have done necessary changes according to your suggestion. Its working fine.

I was not aware of dummy sales order type.

Thanks & Regards,

Pathanjali Bhat

Edited by: Pathanjali Bhat on Feb 7, 2008 4:46 PM

Answers (0)