cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Solution Manager to download support patches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to Solution Manager and would really appreciate some step by step instructions in the setting of this system to download patches from OSS.

Thanks for all assistances.

Regards,

Iqbal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the IMG in SPRO - it´s a step-by-step setup. Also check http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

SolMan is just used to CONFIRM the patches, they are still downloaded using Download Manager or downloaded by using the download basket and clicking them after they´ve been confirmed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Okay I used SPRO and finished up with the “initial configuration part 1”.

My question is, how do I download the support packs using solution manager?

Again thanks,

Iqbal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you follow the "Solutiontion Manager" --> Maintenance Optimizer tasks? (activate BC-Set, create solution etc.)?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, but can you please point out how this is done.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can click the "sheet" next to each icon to get an instruction how to execute that step.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again thank you Marcus, I have done as you instructed and I am really sorry to bombard you with this again, isn’t there a way to start explorer from within Solution manager?

Iqbal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Maintenance Optimizer needs to be first set up (according to the IMG). Then you need to define a solution for the system you want to download support packages.

You don´t need SolMan to download the packages, you can use your browser and step to

http://service.sap.com/patches

and select them manually, then create a maintenance task for the solution and confirm the basket.

But: before the setup isn´t finished, you haven´t defined a solution you won´t get the system to confirm the basket.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marcus for the clarification.

Answers (0)