Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening a transaction in Logic Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using 11.5 SR3.

I have a transaction which some 20 sequences and 30 action blocks. I configured it as a listener. For some strange reason, I just cannot open the transaction in the Logic editor.

Another issue, though not sure if its related to the same thing is that some of the transactions say 'executing' even though the last sequence in the transaction is executed (the last sequence is a file write and the file is already created) when running from the Logic Editor. I also feel that the performance of the transaction execution has gone down recently. Not sure if all these issues are related or each one is a separate issue.

Any clues from the gurus?

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The logic editor loads up the transaction and any sub-transaction that it calls. There is a memory restriction in 11.5 that has loading issues once the combined size of transaction and sub-transactions goes beyond a certain point.

If you can split your transaction set into at least, two disparate groups, you could use the runner via HTTP Post action block to link these together. This will prevent the entire set from loading a design time and may improve your performance at runtime.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai for the quick answer. I realised that this transaction though small calls another one which is quite big. (about 200 sequence size). I have verified that the problem is coming from loading this transaction.

While I try to reduce the complexity and use HTTP Post as you suggested, is there a quick solution, like maybe increasing the heapsize or something. Also, as I said, though the transaction is taking very very long time to execute, I see that the CPU usage is less than 10% during this time. So, I thought it could be related to the memory.

Thanks Again.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I believe that the maximum Java RAM that may be allocated during the xMII 11.5 installation is related to the Servlet-Exec limitation. This limitation may superceed any increase in heap size.

Cheers,

Jai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, if there are any "query" action blocks in your transaction (or any of the called transactions), open the dialog, and click OK, and select "Limit Number Of Rows"...this will reduce the size of the transactions in memory (and on disk), potentially resulting in a SUBSTANTIAL improvement in load time and memory usage, if any of your queries would otherwise return a large # of rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Found a SAP Note on the transaction loading issue.

Note: 960362

Title: Large Transactions can crash server

URL: [Click Here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_xap/~form/handler]

It mentions increasing the heap size as an option.

Cheers,

Jai.

Edited by: Jai Tamhane on Feb 7, 2008 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rick.

We had some queries in the transactions that were called but I have removed them now. So, that could not be the problem.

I found one reason for the transactions not loading. We have given big xml files as input stored in the transaction. (so that if the transaction is called without any input these are picked up). I think the reason why they were not loading up was this one.

I will try now to see if this has improved any performance.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

I get a forbidden error when I click the URL.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was unsure whether the URL would work. It worked for me when I tried it. It may have something to do with individual sessions.

Try searching for the SAP Note number (just the number) and select SAP Support Notes from the dropdown. There is just one result.

Cheers,

Jai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai.

That note could have saved me a lot of time if I had looked at it earlier. I found the hard way that it has got to do with the reference documents.

Ravi.

Answers (0)