cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM remote gui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to apply some sda patches to my java engine running on unix and I guess I cant use JSPM for this and need to use SDM directly.

Can I use an SDM remote gui from my windows PC to connect to SDM on unix server like in the case of JSPM? Do i have to copy the entire SDM directory to the PC and start StartGui.bat?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you could copy the config tool and use it to remotely connect.

You need to copy the configtool files from the system to which you intent to connect, because some of the configurations are kept on the file system. It should work without configurations if the host name of the server is accessible from the Windows machine.

Regards, Ventsi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ventsi,

Thanks for this information.

The reason why I dont want to redirect the output to my PC using Exceed is that our Server is in Europe and I am in US, so the output is sooooooo slow and sometimes juts hangs for long times.

With JSPM, when copying the files and starting from PC, it worked great.

For SDM, I edited the .bat files and it works too but it is still as slow as the exceed. So, it works but may not be as handy as the JSPM. But, the deployment with the shell commands is really good.

One last thing regarding this, is it possible to start the config tool from my PC? Does this work as good as JSPM?

Thanks

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Cyrus,

You could do it by coping but you’ll have to edit the scripts. Much easier way is to export the display to the windows machine, where X-Server is installed. That is the way I do it on my machines.

Second way is to deploy the deployment components using shell commands like:

SDM/program/sdm.sh deploy file=xxx.sda updateversions=all

Please refer to the manual in the SDM folder:

SDM/program/doc/ SDMCommandLineDoc_en_final.pdf

If you choose to copy the SDM folder and run it from Windows machine copy the following folder: SDM/program/*

In the SDM/program edit each .bat file and replace the UNIX paths with the local windows paths and also change the JDK path. I just copied the SDM folder from Linux machine and after the changes in the bat files the GUI is working. Still I recommend you to export the display if possible.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)