cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Offline Approval via Blackberries is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Experts,

We are using SRM 5.0, PI-7.0. We don't have SAP MI (mobile infrastructure) configured in the landscape. Whenever user approves the Shopping cart from blackberry, it does not work. If user approves from MS-Outlook, it works. I heard that we can approve SC from blackberry without configuring MI in the landscape.

I also observed that when SC is approved via blackberry, it does not have subject line and workitem number information whereas when it is approved via Outlook it has. Any idea why subject line and workitem number information is missing via blackberry?

Can someone please help!

Points will be rewarded..

Thanks in advance!

MP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M P,

I'm working on creating Blackberry application for Purchase requisition Approval process, using PR workflow.

Workflow configurations have been done in ECC.

can u guide me how to get "Approve/ Reject" option on the BB device?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Experts,

When user approves via blackberry, it does not have subject line and workitem number information in the email body text but when user approves via MS-Outlook approval email has subject line and work item number information in the email body text.

So we did one test by approving via blackberry and manually passing the subject line and workitem number information in the approval email and SRM workflow processed the workitem.

Now can someone please help me to figure out how to pass the subject line and workitem number information in the email body text when user approves via blackberry.

Thanks in advance!

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am about to implement SC approval via blackberry too.

Have you had any luck since your post. Any Doc or tips on the subject is welcome.

Regards.

abhayjoshi4
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am assuming that you are using the standard out of the box offline approval process in SRM. What you are saying is that when someone clicks on the link using Blackberry, it does generate an encrypted response but does not populate subject text?

If that is the case please check the version of Blackberry operating system. Try using the functionality from a latest Blackberry model with latest device software installed.

Earlier versions of the BBerry devices/OS did not even support mailto: hyperlink inserted in the approval request mail.

Abhay

PS: I have tested this functionality using Blackberry Pearl and I did not come across any problem of subject line not getting populated. The encrypted approval response also gets populated correctly.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Abhay Joshi on Mar 4, 2008 5:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help on this...

Thanks.

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pierre,

Note-1074757 does not exists. Is this note number is correct?

Thanks.

MP

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should check the note 1074757 for this.

Rgds,

Pierre