cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Sales Texts

tony_araujo2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to configure the customer master so that the same sales texts (Extras->Texts in Xd02) that show up in one sales org / distchan (for example 10/10) also show up up in a different one. For some reason when creating/modifying a customer in a different sales org / dist channel (for example 30/30), these texts do not show up for editting. Any ideas?

Thanks,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

The text in a customer master could be defined in two ways

1) Define these texts in sale area data of customer master.

2) Enable sales text in customer master general data. Now this sales text will get copied in all sales docs, irrespective of the sale org/dist chan. But the point to be noted is that the same text will appear in all sales org and you will not be able to seperate the texts by sales org/distr channel.

Now if your problem is that you want different sales text in different sales area, you can enable the text determination for customer master sales area and create your own Z text type.This will get automatically added to all sales areas and you need to type in the exact text only.

Let me know if this was your problem and solution helped you.

tony_araujo2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply.

Now if your problem is that you want different sales text in different sales area, you can enable the text determination for customer master sales area and create your own Z text type.This will get automatically added to all sales areas and you need to type in the exact text only.

Yes, this is my issue exactly. I want to maintain different sales texts in different sales areas for a particular customer. Currently, I can only maintain sales text in the customer master for sales org 10. I'm not sure of the correct procedure to enable these texts in the other sales area. I will look into creating a new Z text type.

Thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you try this?

Hard to judge without knowing what you did to make it happen.

tony_araujo2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I searched the different customizing transactions in SPRO, and I know about VOTXN, but I was not able to find any transaction that would control the visibility/accessability of the sales texts in XD01/XD02 based on sales organization. I did not set up the original texts or text determination procedures, so I'm not sure how to go about this. Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would just say it is not possible to do what you want.

The texts are stored with key:

customer number, sales org, distribution channel. (and some more key fields)

So whenever a number changes a new record needs to be stored. This way each Sales area can have their own texts.

I understand that you dont want it this way, but It is not just the sales order that gets somehow the text from the master data. Several other programs would need to be changed to make your wish come true.

Imagine: you enter a customer master with Customer number 1234 and sales org 0001 and DC 10, but exact this XD03 transaction shall now use

Customer number 1234 and sales org 0002 and DC 20 to retrieve the text. This is not possible.

Much easier it is to develope a small program that copies the long text from one sales area to another (scheduled in background to run every night or hour)