Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exceptions for blocked transactions on SM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all!!

If I've blocked one specific transaction on SM01, how can i do to have an exception for a specific user?

In other words, existis an specific table that i can create exceptions about the blocked transaction in SM01?

Thanks

André Benite

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

Which transaction is this?

Generally, I don't like locking transactions. It might be harder to do, but it is more conceptually solid to grant access to or protect access to starting or using a transaction.

But I suppose there are exceptions to any rule: for example you might only want one user using a transaction at one point in time.

Can you clarify the context?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi André

Lock transactions to restrict access for all users.

Where you have exceptions to that rule then use roles to limit the access.

An alternative is that you might be able to create a custom transaction linked to the program referenced by the original transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the anwers!

I'm thinking about the "SCCs" transactions (copy client, delete, and so on).

There are blocked for all, except for the only one 'basis guy'.

Using role, i can limit the acess for them, but imagine that accidentally one 'sap_all' is created. Theory he can use the SCCs transactions, but if I've used SM01 to block, and created an exception for the 'basis guy', nor the 'sap_all' can make changes in own system.

Thanks for all

André Benite

0 Kudos

Hi André,

The control for this is that only people who know what they are doing and have responsibility for role and user management have the ability to create/change users and roles. If you restrict this then only the user/role admin will be able to accidently create a SAP_ALL type role. If that person is suitable for the job then they will not do this without considering the implications.

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well.. it's impossible to create a exception for that table of restrictions...