Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJS-00225 Could not load OS400 Kernel library J640KRN0

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I'm doing a system copy of our NW04 portal. On the target installation, I get a failure during step: Load Kernel Library. The error is:

ERROR 2008-02-06 12:05:59

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-00225 Could not load OS400 Kernel library J640KRN0. Reason: Could not load objects from archive Z:/USR/INSTALLCDS/EP/NW04SR1_WEBASJAVA_DEVSTUDIO_IGS\SCS_AS400\SCS/OS400/AS400/J2EEKRN.SAR.

I have verified that user sap_build, which I'm using for the install, can see that file. I have also patched with ISERPACK7.

The SAPINST job on the server shows the following message:

• CHKIFSOBJ

/USR/INSTALLCDS/EP/NW04SR1_WEBASJAVA_DEVSTUDIO_IGS/SCS_AS400/SCS/OS400/A

S400/J2EEKRN.SAR

TMKSVR request CHKIFSOBJ:

"/USR/INSTALLCDS/EP/NW04SR1_WEBASJAVA_DEVSTUDIO_IGS/SCS_AS400/SCS/OS400/

AS400/J2EEKRN.SAR" does not exist

TMKSVR request processor: request was successful

If you have any input as to what might be the problem, I would appreciate the help - thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP helped me resolve this. I had to apply the NEWEST iserpack7. SAP told me to apply iserpack7 because the TMKSVR was so old. I had already applied the iserpack7 that I downloaded when I initially installed these systems. I did not know that each iserpack itself had patches. Once I applied the newest iserpack7 it installed perfectly.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Looking back at the system copy guide, it names the following files as needed for the target system installation:

1. SAP Netweaver 04 SR1 Installation Master DVD

2. SAP NetWeaver ‘04, SAP WEB AS JAVA, SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, ADOBE, IGS

3. Export dump

It does not mention needing a kernel disc, so I assume that it pulls the kernel from the Web AS Java DVD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the support package level of EP on source system ?

did you try to restart tmksvr after changing J2EEKRN.SAR

if you still get problem open OSS

regards,

kaushal

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

We're at SP18 on the source side. I did restart TMKSVR after I changed the J2EEKRN.SAR. I have a message open w/SAP but thought someone here might've run into this problem before as well. Thank you.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys - thank you. Yes, the file does exist, but I will look into the disc mentioned in the note. I will let you know how it turns out.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys, I tried a new CD / and replaced the J2EEKRN.SAR file as per the note, but got the same error. I am continuing to investigate.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, it doesn't ask for a kernel disc when doing the install on the source side. It asks for the JAVA Disc and the Migration export. That is why it's pulling the kernel from the NW04SR1_WebASJava_DevStudio_IGS disc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly u mean by "it doesn't ask for a kernel disc when doing the install on the "source side" "??

What install u are doing on the source side?...All you have to do on the source side is get the export of the SDM schema(your so called migration export)...and save the SAP<SID>DB library to a tape, which you will use later on the target side.

It should not be asking NW04SR1_WebASJava_DevStudio_IGS disc on the target side when you start the install...you should be using the following DVD probably (portal is unicode):

51030864 "DVD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernel DB2 iSeries"

Hope that helps..

Thanks

Abhi

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

What I mean is - normally during an install there's a prompt for the kernel disc. This does not prompt me for that. The only prompts are for the JAVA disc and the SDM export. Maybe I'm using the wrong installation master? Or path within the installation master?

The installation master disc is: 6.20/6.40 based products Installation Master (Edition July 2007) Number 51032936

And the path within there that I am using: SAP Netweaver 04 SR1 -> System Copy -> Target System -> Java System -> IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries -> Central System -> Migration - Target System Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ

just a couple thing that might help:

1. I am assuming that "Z:/USR/INSTALLCDS/EP/NW04SR1_WEBASJAVA_DEVSTUDIO_IGS\" path(?)where you have copied the Kernel DVD, because I have never seen this path before and should not be the path in the kernel DVD.

2. Make sure you ave you downloaded the latest NW04 SR1 DVD available in the SAP marketplace

3. Also make sure you have patched your kernel DVD as explained in SAP note 977906? Though the TMKSVR errors points at the file not existing, the note does point that the J2EEKRN.SAR files needs to be replaced on the DVD.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

TJ,

I doubt that you are using the correct DVD. I would not expect any OS4 kernel in a Developer Studio DVD. Check existence of the file with WRKLNK in the first place and also the DVD label against your documentation.

HTH,

Thomas