cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes don't reflect using BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN through RFC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a Integration Scenario in XI. In this I am executing BAPIs through RFC adapter. I am using BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN to create WBS Elements in Project System. After creating WBS Elements when I try to define the hierarchy, the BAPI calls executes successfully but the hierarchy is not visible when viewed in the SAP WEB GUI.

I am using following parameters to define WBS hierarchy:

*IMethodProject

OBJECTTYPE = WBS-HIERARCHY

METHOD = CREATE

OBJECTKEY =

REFNUMBER =

OBJECTTYPE =

METHOD = SAVE

OBJECTKEY =

REFNUMBER =

*IProjectDefinition

PROJECT_DEFINITION = P-0300-00-04

*IWbsHierarchieTable

WBS_ELEMENT = WBS-001

UP =

DOWN = WBS-002

LEFT =

RIGHT =

WBS_ELEMENT = WBS-002

UP = WBS-001

DOWN =

LEFT =

RIGHT =

In normal case the WBS element 'WBS-002' should move below 'WBS-001', but when I execute BAPI with above parameters, the Hierarchy is not visible in the GUI the both WBS Elements remain at root level, even I get '000' as response with no errors.

When I run the BAPI through transaction SE37 with same parameters as above, the changes are visible in the GUI.

Can anyone please tell what am I missing here.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I understand the problem this way, when u do something thru XI you dont see the effect (even if the the transaction is successful), whereas when it done is directly in the R/3 you can see the output.

look into the below

- check if your XI user is having necessary authorisations (you can do this by enabling the trace in ur R/3 - back end system)

- check if you are passing the input properly in the XI. (like field formats, padding characters, prefixes etc)

Hope this helps to fix ur issue

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ajay,

go to ur configuration, open the communication channel (for rfc adapter), and do any change like(adding spaces in description) and activate the changes.

This is a standard bug, where the changes made in the rfc are not picked by Configuration even though you have reimported it into XI.

Cheers,

naveen

former_member244430
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Solution provided by Naveen worked for me. It is still a bug in XI 3.0 level 23, as of 07/2011. Thanks Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change BAPI metadata after import to XI.

This generally happens due to syntax error.

Regards,

satish