cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill. Doc. Allocation Number - Help Needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, everyone. We are so sorry to bother you guys, but we are facing a customer’s request we found difficult to solve, at least after doing some research of our own.

Several of our customer’s company uses preprinted forms to print their billing documents, and as the document number range for billing documents on SAP is not the same, we wanted to have a field on billing document header so we can manually populate it with the number of the preprinted form so the customer can link those numbers to make a more precise documentation follow up. (And of course to keep track on AR and Customer’s accounts)

To do so, we thought of using the VBRK-ZUONR field, or maybe VBRK-XBLNR field, as these fields can be “moved” to FI at the time of FI document creation, and also can be seen on customer’s account transactions (i.e.: FBL5N).

The problem is, these fields are “editable” on sales document header (Sales order) and with no special rule on VTFA, these values are copied to the billing document in transparent way and that would be fine, but we don’t want to populate the field at Sales Document Header, but on Billing document Header, at the time of creating it.

So the question is: Is there a way to make any of these fields “editable” so we can populate any of them at the time of billing document creation on VF01? Do we have to create a special Copying requirement on VTFA?? We noticed on VTFA there are special rules just for these fields, but they all refer to fixed values, none of them can be used to leave the field editable on VF01. We also thought of populating the number at header text level, and then trying to “move” the value using substitutions, but it’s just a thought.

Do you think any of these solutions can be applied??

Of course, any help would be much appretiated.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Diego Casanueva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The only possible way I know of to do this would be to write special code in the Standard code to open this field for allowing the editing of this filed. But this is not recommendable.

The best option I think is the substitution mechanism, which you have stated but then that will not be easy but yes this is the closest and prefered by business users.

The second option which we had considered was using external delivery number. But then there are two big problems with that, one you still will have to write a piece of code which will make this field editable after PGI. Secondly External delivery number is supposed to display the external document number which would go along with the shipment, so it might be already booked and not available for external invoice number.

So substituion form header text is best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before anything else, thank you very much for your kind answer, Abhishek. I also think this is maybe the best way to go, but now I see I'm having another problem... To perform sustitution, the text (in this case the preprinted form number) has to be in one of the tables "allowed" for substitution (i.e: BKPF, BSEG). I would like to know if maybe there is a way to copy the SD billing document header text into the billing document header text (i.e.: BKPF-BKTXT) so in this way substitution would be transparent and clear.

Is there any way to make this happen via standard system or do we have to perform a user exit solution??

Again, thanks for all the kind responses (and for the future ones in advance )

Best Regards,

Diego Casanueva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am sorry but I am confused a bit. Are you talking of substitution from Billing to Accounting or something else.

Please let me know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again, and thanks for your answer again...

What I'm saying is, to make substitution possible, I need to have the data on a FI Table, isn't it?? I mean, If I want substitution to put the value of a Txt field of a field into, for example, field ZUONR, It would have to be maybe, from BKPF-BKTXT to BKPF-ZUONR?? I think this way would be perfectly doable from substitution function.... My problem is how do I get to populate the field BKPF-BKTXT from the SD billing Document, since It doesn´t "pass" from SD billing document header to FI document Header... Or at least I don´t know how to do it.

Is it more clear now? I just want to have a field available on SD bill. doc wich can be "moved" later to FI.

Again, thanks a lot for your attention and best regards.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I got your point now. I think the substitution you are talking of is one step ahead.

The point is that we already know that in Billing doc, the assignement filed(VBRK-ZUONR) gets copied into Accounting and FI, hence we will use that field only. Because its standard and most people from SD & FI know how it works.

But the point is that such a task would not be easy. You will have to enable a userexit in Billing which will be tough, but will have to be done as this would be the least time consuming, and more on the line of SAP standards.

In this userexit you will have to make this substitution, which checks wether the specific text is filled or not and its in the right format. And if it everything is fine then just copy it into assignment field and let SAP standard carry on its own.

So for you the main efffort would be enabling a user exit in billing save include. And this is not SAP standard. Then just a copy.

Or Second way, which I am exploring now, is a very small and relatively unused feature is of "comments" in Accounting line item.It comes from the pricing conditions text to accounting line item comments which appears as last column. But that might take a longer time for me to find that out.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Abhishek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

one of the ways: write ZVF01 transaction which replicate standard with dialog for VBRK-XBLNR.

ask your abapers.