Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting the next error in the production environment:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=<host> SYSNR=00 GWHOST=<host> GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner not reached (host <host>, service sapgw00)

TIME Wed Feb 6 17:59:21 2008 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r_mt.cpp LINE 8688 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 111 ERRNO TEXT Connection refused COUNTER 1 . Setting message to status failed.

Do I have to activate anything in the R3?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael !

Also check this out:

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Verify that the required ports are open. Also check to access the SAP gateway host via ping from the XI location.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe gateway ports are not open. Ask basis/Network administrator to open the ports.

Check the log , It will give the IP and port details.

What kind of scenario is this ?

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is:

WS -> XI -> RFC

Can I check something about closed ports using a transaction?

Thank you for your help

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ismael,

Can u plz confirm whether the Sys number is correct in the comm.channel?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the system number is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is R3 system reachable via SM59 (in XI) ?

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of connection do I have to use to test it from SM59? Can you give me some instructions please?

I have made a ping from SM49 and it works.

Is there a way to check if the service sapgw02 exists and it's running? In what port must it be running?

I have tried to import the RFC from XI and it doesn't works. I get the message error:

Unable to establish connection to R/3 system <host> (system=02, client=420)

Regards,

Edited by: Ismael Perez on Feb 7, 2008 10:32 AM

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

SLDCHECK works ok. Does it mean all this configuration is done?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael !

Please read the page I told you. You must verify that the connection from XI to the business system (SAP R3/ECC) is ok. In tx SM59 from XI, you should have the HTTP destinations for each SAP R3 business system that should receive data from XI (IDOC/RFC). Also from the same page where you define the RFC destination, there is a toolbar with a button "test connection" or something like that, to check the connections. Also you have to connect SAP R3's SM59 back to XI.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is solved.

There is a problem with the system number 02, so we're using the system number 00 now and everythink works perfectly.

Thank you very much everybody.