cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter icm/host_name_full set incorrectly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to run a BSP on our NW04 BW running on Windows 2003 32 Bit, on the Dev system it works fine and resolves the url :

http://server.domain.name.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/it00/default.htm?sap-client=999&sap-sessioncmd=ope...

On our QA system it errors and resolves the url as :

http://server:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/it00/default.htm?sap-client=999&sap-sessioncmd=open

So it appears the full domain name is not being resolved on QA but is on Dev.

I've checked in the ICM, goto -> Parameters -> display and the icm/host_name_full parameter is set to server.domain name is fully qualified on Dev, but on QA it just has the server name and no domain, so this is why it is not being resolved.

I've ran RSPARAM and cannot find any reference to the domain name in the parameters on either Dev or QA, parameter icm/host_name_full is not set in RZ11 on Dev or QA, the OS hosts file in Dev or QA does not have the server.domain set, the computer name on both servers is set as server.domain, so they look the same config, but Dev is resolving the full domain name while QA is not.

I've checked OSS Note Note 773830 - FQHN determination in ICM

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL is set to server name on Dev & QA

SAPLOCALHOST is set to server name on Dev & QA

Any ideas what would set the parameter icm/host_name_full ?

I know I can set parameter icm/host_name_full on QA for the full domain and it should work, but I would like to know why it works already in DEV with this parameter not set, but in QA it does not.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

icm/host_name_full should be the fully qualified domain name which you require.

You need to set this parameter in the profile in RZ10 and not in RZ11.

If you are using a web dispatcher you need to set this parameter in the web dispatcher profile.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ecnirp,

You check the entry of HTTPURLLOC table and the port number mention in that.

Read the Note 805344 - How URLs are generated automatically in BW.

And to test read the Note 947148 - How to check URL generation for BI BEx Frontend Tools.

Best Wishes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ecnirp ,

Check the entry in table RSPOR_T_PORTAL for QA and DEV system.

Best Wishes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Table RSPOR_T_PORTAL is empty on both DEV & QA.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So did you check the OS level also: ( you didn't mention any thing about this in your post)

"3. If this parameter is not set either, the ICM uses the FQHN of the operating system. For this reason, check the settings of the hosts file at the operating system level."

BMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

The hosts file does not have the fully qualified server name on either DEV or QA, it just has the server name and IP.

The computer name in system properties is fully qualified with the domain address on Dev & QA servers.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur hostname should contain atleast 2 dots

give an entry in host file like

192.9.100.1 host.sap.com host

where host is host name of ur server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked both our DEV & QA systems, and the fully qualified server name is not in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file at the OS Level.

QA is showing the fully qualified name in the ICM, but its not fully qualified in the DEV ICM, it just shows server name, so it cannot be the hosts file where the fully qualified name is being picked up in QA.

Edited by: ecnirp on Feb 11, 2008 4:59 PM