cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order start date in SNP production Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys -

I have simplified my earlier question to narrow the focus.

I have a question based on the scenario below:

1. Production Horizon is 14 days

2. GR processing time on the prouct master is 10 days.

3. I have a demand on the 16th day.

I ran the SNP heuristic and I see that a planned order was created with an end date same as the demand date(16th day) and a start day as the 6th day which is inside the SNP production Horizon which is incorrect.

Can somebody please help me know why did the system create a planned order with start date in the production horizon?

Appreciate your help

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is interesting. It looks from your experiment that horizons are soft constraints. I would expect this to be contrary to standard behaviour. Can you try to manually enter the order inside the horizon and confirm the behaviour ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the horizon which I am using is " Production Horizon" and not " Extended Production Horizon", It does not let me enter a manual planned order in the horizon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found 2 OSS notes:

1) 670662 - Receipts in the production/stock transfer horizon

2) 813842 - SNP creates a planned order in the SNP prodction horizon.

The reasons given for the above note matches what I see in my system which is, the system has an error which causes it to create a receipt at 23:59:59 on the last day of the horizon.

The 2 notes above are different to the problem which I am seeing as in those cases the system creates a planned order INSIDE the horizon. In my case, the end date is perfectly outside the horizon but the start date goes into the horizon.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Varun

Edited by: Varun Muni on Feb 7, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers (0)