cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 with XI3.0 or PI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having access to one SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 server through internet.

I have stand alone SAP Net weaver PI 7.0 installed on my laptop.I do not know how to integrate both ,I mean to say that what are the steps I need to follow so that two systems can talk to each other.

Appreciate your details.

Thanks and Regards,

Viswanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the Expert RAJ Post,

> I am having access to one SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 server through internet.

Creat partner profile ( WE20 ), Port ( WE21 ) and Check the RFC Destination for XI ( your laptop )

> I have stand alone SAP Net weaver PI 7.0 installed on my laptop

Create Port ( IDX1 ) and RFC Destination Tcode- SM59 check whether you are able to connect ECC 6.0

Then IDX2 in you XI System Load the metadata for the respective IDOC and develop the interface and check it out.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be possible to do all the configurations related to RFC destination and partner profile as the experties have mentioned in above posts.

You need to also check with the way you could be able to access the SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 server through internet.

When you establish a connection to a client through a destination, the HTTP connection must first be entered in transaction SM59.

There are two types of HTTP connection in transaction SM59: Call transaction SM59 to display the different RFC destinations.

The HTTP connection to the external server (connection type G) and the HTTP connection to the R/3 system (connection type H) are different only in their logon procedures. Their technical settings are the same. To display the technical settings, double-click a connection.

You can choose from three tabs. Under Technical Settings, you can specify the following:

· Target Host: The host to which you want to connect.

Note that if you are using HTTPS as a protocol, you have to specify the full host name (with domain).

· Service No.: Here, you specify the port. The destination host must of course be configured in such a way that the specified port “understands” the corresponding protocol (HTTP or HTTPS). See Parameterizing the ICM and the ICM Server Cache.

· Path Prefix: At the time when the connection to this destination is initiated, the system inserts this sub-path before ~request_uri.

· HTTP Proxy Options: Here, you can configure a proxy for HTTP connections: You can determine the proxy host and service, as well as users and passwords for the HTTP connection.

The tab page Logon/Security will be different depending on whether you have selected a HTTP connection to an external server (connection type G) or a HTTP connection to an R/3 system (connection type H).

HTTP Connection to an External Server (Connection Type G)

Choose the connection you want to use. You can choose from the following logon procedures:

· No Logon: The server program does not request a user or password.

· Basic Authentication: The server program requests a user and password. Basic Authentication is a standard HTTP method for authenticating users. When a user logs on to the target system, he or she provides a user ID and password as authentication. This information is then sent in a header variable as a Base 64-encoded string to the server, through the HTTP connection.

· SSL Client Certificate: If you use client certificates for authentication, the client authentication is performed through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. In this case, you must also select the SSL Client PSE of the SAP Web AS that contains the relevant certificate for the authentication. The target system must handle the issuer of the SAP Web AS client certificate as a trusted system.

Under Logon/Security, you can also activate SSL to ensure that HTTPS is the protocol used (if you select SSL, make sure that the correct port is entered under Technical Settings). In the security transaction STRUST you can determine which type of SSL client is used. (Getting Started with the Trust Manager, Trust Manager).

The field Authorization for Destination has been implemented as an additional level of protection. We recommend that you specify a user and password for the RFC destination.

Thanks

Swarup

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

Try to create RFC Destination in XI System for the remote RFC system. Check if it works. If works then fine rest are the normal configurations for ECC to XI.

raj.