cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose the default view at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an application with a component that contains two views. When I call my application in the portal, I want to choose the view that will be display when application start by checking the value of a parameter (an url parameter passed by the portal iview for instance).

Is anybody knows the solution ?

Thanks!

Julien.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan,

First, thanks for your answer.

In fact, my question was not how to get the url parameter. I already did it by doing this :

WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter("parameterName");

What I want is to choose the default view in a window of my application component. To explain my problem: when I launch the application, I see the default view, I just want to implement the choice of this default view by looking at a parameter.

For example, I have two views: A and B. If I call the application with the url parameter "v" set to "A", I want the view A to be display but if the url parameter have the value "B", I want to display the view "B".

Any idea ?

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can acheive your requirement by making use of plugs and based on the param fire the corresponding plug

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ayyapparaj!!!

I create a view that plug to one or another view by checking the parameter.

Problem solved.

Thanks again.

Julien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julien,

Use following method:-

WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("<your attribute name>")

Also take a look at [this|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/38/37d93f130f9115e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Chintan