Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:Using DropDown By Key in UI-TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have problem regarding the ui table i.e.,

I have taken a dropdown by key as a COLUMN in UI-TABLE and i have binded an ATTRIBUTE(STATUS) to that dropdown by key which is in a NODE(Defects) but now i am unable to create a simple type for that.......

THE EXCEPTION IT IS SHOWING IS

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ContextException: MappedAttributeInfo(UpdateDefectsPage.Defects.STATUS): must not modify the datatype of a mapped attribute

so can anybody plz,help me out in solving this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the error "must not modify the datatype of a mapped attribute "

Its clear that your are tying to access the context attribute from a mapped place, instead of its source.

To resolve this error you have to move the code to the source of this context attribute

Ex:

lets say "abc" is a attribute in Component controller which is mapped to a view controller. then if i try to access the getModifiableSimpleType method in the view controller you will get the error as mentioned above , move this to the (source) in this case component controller.

Hope its clear

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this thread

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

While context mapping with the table UI element u might have binded the attribute with the Dropdownby key UI element.You try to add a column instead of binding the attribute with the Dropdown UI to the table.Insert a table cell editor with the Dropdown UI element for the column.And bind the attribute with the simple type.While creating the table you dont select the attribute which is going to to be binded with the Dropdown UI element.Any issues do reply.