Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to file

rohit_goel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have iodc to file scenario.In mapping i have to access many tables of idocs from r/3 database.

Pls suggest me what should i do?

should i use rfc lookups ?if yes then pls explain me the procedure..

thanks,

rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit,

U have to do RFC lookups. Please refer this doc -https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1b439

raj.

rohit_goel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have gone through this document.

Can u just explain the step by step procedure for this what we do in r/3 system , IR, ID , UDF.?

Regards,

rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit Goel ,

The following websites contain PDF documents providing step-by-step solution to solve u'r problem.

A Step-by-Step Guide on IDoc-to-File Using Business Service in the XI Integration Directory

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

How to convert an IDoc-XML structure to a flat file and vice-versa in XI 3.0

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1...

Introduction to IDoc-XI-File scenario and complete walk through for starters.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

IDOCs (Multiple Types) Collection in BPM

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

cheers!

gyanaraj

****Pls reward points if u find this helpful

rohit_goel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using message mapping and writing UDF for RFC call.

at 15 different places in mapping i have to use RFC calls.and i have to access different tables of R/3 .

So i have to create that many rfcs for every call or only by creating one rfc it can be done.

In every case the return value by rfc is different.

Regards,

rohit

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe instead of RFC lookups (which is vulnerable) it is better to use either user-exists or modification before you send IDocs to XI?

Regards,

Jakub

rohit_goel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jackob,

can u pls explain me how to do that ?

regards,

rohit

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this blog

DB lookup /people/francesco.bersani/blog/2007/03/05/data-lookup-optimized

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It very much depends on requirements of your business scenario, ERP version and message/IDoc type that you want to exchange. Maybe you will have to build a new IDoc type ... but definitely it will be much more robust and durable that RFC lookup. Less trouble with maintenance later on.

Regards,

Jakub

rohit_goel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

where to write RFC modules?in r/3 system or in XI system?

regards,

rohit

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In R/3 system, if the sender system is the same as the system from which you have to select data then you don't even need to write RFMs just select data from tables ...

Regards,

Jakub