Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Enjoy Transactions ------ Very Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it recommendable to use BDC for Enjoy Transactions ?

If no , Why ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Enjoy transactions use Enjoy SAP Controls like ALV Grid, ALV Tree. If you run BDC in background these Controls would not be able to communicate front-end since they need some files in front-end (client - PC), so BDC fails.

Therefore what can be done? There are two possibilities:

1- ) There might be a alternative, usually older version, transaction. You can use it. For example ME22N is a Enjoy transaction, but ME22 is the older one, does the same thing. So ME22 can be used.

2- ) If it is available, a BAPI can be used. Whatever you want to do, you can search BAPIs and use it instead of BDC technique.

Hope this is helpful, Do reward.

Edited by: Runal Singh on Feb 6, 2008 6:26 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No it not advisible to use BDC in N'joy Transaction.

Because the N'joy Transaction are dynamic and won't have a default setting.

It is advisble to use BAPI for N'joy Transactions.

Cheers,

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

It is difficult to record a BDC for enjoy transaction owing to their screen structure of tabs and the link.

I would recommend you not develop a BDC on their old versions either e.g. ME23.

Instead the best approach is to go for a BAPI.

Cheers,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Enjoy transactions use Enjoy SAP Controls like ALV Grid, ALV Tree. If you run BDC in background these Controls would not be able to communicate front-end since they need some files in front-end (client - PC), so BDC fails.

Therefore what can be done? There are two possibilities:

1- ) There might be a alternative, usually older version, transaction. You can use it. For example ME22N is a Enjoy transaction, but ME22 is the older one, does the same thing. So ME22 can be used.

2- ) If it is available, a BAPI can be used. Whatever you want to do, you can search BAPIs and use it instead of BDC technique.

Hope this is helpful, Do reward.

Edited by: Runal Singh on Feb 6, 2008 6:26 PM