cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jar files are not exported while PAR Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am exporting as PAR file, in the par file I am not getting the jar files, which I am adding as external jar files in the java build path - Libraries

Please tell me the solution. urgent...

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem got solved, Thanks for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your response, still my problem is not solved. Actually in my project I am connecting to oracle database. As I included necessary jar files it is not giving any problems at compile time, but when I export as PAR file, and deploy in the server, it is not connecting to oracle database.

Can you please tell me how can I refer oracle drivers/ external jars at server?

Urgent...

Regards,

Shyam.

Edited by: Shyam on Feb 7, 2008 4:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 6 makes your third party jars available during runtime on your server since you put the dependency to runtime. I don't think you need/can reference your j2ee server dc in the portalapp.xml.

Summary of the link I sent you:

1. Create an External Library DC

2. Copy all of the Jars I needed to the libraries folder of this DC

3. Create two Public Parts (right click on the jar files in Package Explorer)

i) compilePart (with purpose compilation)

ii) assemblyPart (with purpose assembly)

4 Create a new DC of type J2EE Server Component / Library

5. Add a Used DC to the J2EE Library, reference the compilePart from previous step, and set Dependency type to Build

6. Add another Used DC, reference the assemblePart, this time select both Build and Runtime Dependency Types

7. Build and deploy.

Br

Göran

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam,

This may be helpful too....

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam

The jars that you are adding to the java build path will not be included when you deploy the PAR file to the server. Follow this link on how to create deployable third party jars. /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Br

Göran