cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have developed a WDJ application. There is an adaptive RFC call being used in this application. Initially, while creating the model, I had imported the adaptive RFC from the development server. Now, when I want to deploy the application to the production portal, the RFC must be called from the production server. How do i do it?

Do i have to recreate the model?

If yes, do i need to redo the model-controller and controller-view context mapping?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanu,

If your RFC is migrated to Production with same name as well then there is no need to redo any work in WD application.

Only the JCos need to be maintained with Production paramters after the applciations have been transported in production.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

adding to what chintan said above you have to have same names for JCO in development and production.when the application is called in production it will check for the similar jco connections in the production.if jco connections of same name as that of development are available then RFC uses these details to connect to prodcution backend system

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Feb 18, 2008 7:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Making use of the transport object you can transport all your objects to the production server.No need to create a new application for the production one.You those BAPI will be called from the production ECC system with the same name as u made used in the development one.So when you run it on the production server no need to code any thing.Just transport the iviews developed from the WD application to the production server.It will work.If nay thing then do reply.