cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to create project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to implement ECC 6.0. Client has brief organisation structure as, one holding company has share service department (SSD)which centally handles HR, finance, project management, procurement.This holding company has other manufacturing companies. SSD will supply all services and material to these companies. I am working on Project System module. Can anybody tell me where project should be created, in SSD or in company?

And can anybody give me documents about share sevice?

Thanks

sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sudhir,

i am giving details about shared service center.u can know the share services also from that.

SAP F Shared Services (EMEA Projec)t

The initial idea for setting up an SSC and the decision to do an analysis are followed by an estimation of the achievable potential (phase I) and the feasibility of establishing a shared service center with standardization and splitting of transactional processes (phase II). The business case contains a detailed cost/benefits evaluation and the return on investment, taking the time required for the establishment into consideration. The evaluation and selection of relevant locations is the next step, before the detailed planning for a workable and feasible migration and selection of a pilot country takes place. The running of the project and the migration tools are tested in a pilot. Afterwards, further planning for the remaining countries is finalized and optimized on the basis of the experiences gained during the pilot (phase III). Gradually, all of the selected F&A processes of the countries are migrated (phase IV) to the shared service center. Finally the SSO will be stabilized and continuously improve the processes (phase V).

In the first step of this migration, the standardized processes are migrated in their existing form. After reaching the critical mass of countries, optimization of the processes and realization of economies of scale begins with gradual business process reengineering in a continuous improvement process.

for any queries reply me

if u feel the above is helpfull please reward me points

thanks

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sudhir,

i am giving in brief please check it out,

Create/Change Project

Prerequisites

You need the authorizations described in Authorization Concept to create projects in the SAP Solution Manager.

You are in the initial screen of the Project Administration transaction in the SAP Solution Manager.

Procedure

1. Choose Project ® Create.

2. Enter a project name in the Create Project dialog box, and choose Continue.

The project name may contain a combination of letters and numbers up to 10 characters in length.

3. Select a Project Type.

See Project Types for an overview of the different project types and their use.

You cannot change the project type later, in the same project. To change the project type, e.g. if you have created an implementation project, but realize that you want to create templates with it, copy the project, and change the project type of the new project.

4. You can assign a solution landscape to the project.

If you create your project structure in the Business Blueprint phase, you can later put structure elements from the selected solution landscape in it.

5. Choose Continue.

You go to the Maintain Project screen.

6. Enter a meaningful project name and language.

7. Save the header data for your project.

8. Enter a name for the enhancement context in which the project documents are to be saved in the SAP Knowledge Warehouse, in the next dialog box.

9. Choose Continue.

10. For a template project, enter a package in which the project structure is to be saved, in the dialog box that appears.

The system copies the package specified here into the Transport Requests tab and uses it by default for subsequent changes to the scope or the project structure in the Business Blueprint. If you want to prevent this package being used later by default, delete it from the Transport Requests tab.

See Transport Requests for further information.

11. Save your entries.

Result

The saved project is put in the SAP Solution Manager project overview. You can now specify header data for the project:

● General Data

● Scope

● Project Team Members

● System Landscape

● Project Standards (status values, keywords, document types)

● Milestones

● Organizational Units

● Templates (only for template projects)

● Transport Requests (only for template projects)

● To change the header data for the project, select Project ® Change. You cannot change the project language after you have saved the header data for your project.

● You can distribute project header data changes to the component system project IMGs with Edit ® Distribute Project Header Data.

dont foret to reward me points

regards

karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Sounds like a very exiting project.

I think it makes sense to have the SSC or SSD which performs all services for the related companies. Therefore the project could ideally be part of the SSD organization.

If you need material for SSC set-up or a project please let me know what you are looking for exactly (my mail address: <removed by moderator>....).

Maybe I can share some material what we have in use for our SSC project or provide you with an expert.

Best regards,

Marcell