cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDPAR table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap gurus,

we can convert customer partner number with sap partner number by maintaining an entry in EDPAR Table.

for ex sold to party "A" maintained his ship to party in his System as "123". but in our system for customer A, ship to party number is 1001. when ever customer A specifies 123 as his ship to party we can convert it as 1001 by maintaining an entry in EDPAR Table.

my doubt is if we maintain an entry in edpar table, will system convert the customer ship to party number as

Sap partner number even in case we create orders manuvally in transaction VA01. or will it be converted only in case of idoc processing?

Thanks in advance

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srini

EDPAR is triggered during idoc processing only. This is because when the orders idoc come from customer then processing FM will understand this and convert . If anyways order is going to be created then directly we can put correct partners.

I am not sure about the business scenario of urs but this is a very good example to manage cross docking in big retail chains like Walmart. This is being done in my client and if u have more queries can let me know.

Reward accordingly if this helps

kind regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

The EDPAR table is always relation ship between Bill to Party and Ship to Party, and this table is used only for IDOC processing not manual processing.

You need maintain two entries for every customer in the EDPAR table, one is the Bill to Party -- External Number -- Ship to Party & Ship to Party - External Number -- Ship to Party.

Let me know if you need any more info... reward if answer helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi