cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Archive Source Files with Errors" feature - how to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

File sender adapter has a feature to Archive Source Files with Errors.

I have an adapter module applied to inbound files and in case an error occurs during the processing of the adapter module, I want to make use of this feature , this is because the CC keeps on picking the file with erroneous data after regular specified interval and shows up an error in RWB.

How can I use the Archive Source Files with Errors feature with this? Do I have to do anything specific in the adapter module code for this to work?

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can archive all faulty files using the file adapter, it is like you have a check box to select to archive faulty source files. You can provide the directory in which files have to be archived.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

yes, we can archive the source files with errors.

in file adapter we have OS command befor message processing and after message processing.

assume, your xi server is HP-UNIX os, then we can prepare a shell script to capture the source file errors.

at present, i am working on that...

my shell script can capture the following errors.

that shell-script validate the lengths,format errors..etc

regards

mahesh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U just have to set the indicator and provide the directory name. AFAIK nothing additional is required in the adapter module

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesnt work. I set the indicator and give the error directory path. I am explicitely generating a DeliveryException or ConfigException in the module but the file does not get archived when the error is generated.

Am i missing on anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

I feel that the parameter is mainly intended for errors in Content Conversion and other stuffs.

But once the file is picked up and it fails at the subsequent module chain the parameter will not have any special consideration.

Anyway if there is a way, it would be too good, because we could avoid unnecessary multiple alerts in Alert Inbox configured for that communication Channel.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you see whats mentioned on the help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/2d6189f0e27a4894ad517961762db7/frameset.htm

it says:

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, set the indicator.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

does this not mean it could be used with errors raised in adapter modules? ideally it should be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Yes Ideally it should.

Did you try throwing a (super exception class) ModuleException and check. Also try with RuntimeExceprions,etc. we need to check which are the permanent errors/exceptions the doc is referring to.

First check if the parameter is working for content conversion errors in your XI/PI system.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Edited by: Sudharshan Aravamudan on Feb 6, 2008 5:14 PM