cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new instance on Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I once developed a Webdynpro Project within NWDS 7.1. The configuration of SAP AS Java (Preference->SAP AS Java) is already configured before:

Recent configurations: 10.55.46.32: 3603

Message Server Host: 10.55.46.32

Message Server port: 3603

Since then, we wanted to make another test project where the already existing deployment should not be touched. Some one tells me I should make a new configuration with new port number like:

Recent configurations: 10.55.46.32: 3605

Message Server Host: 10.55.46.32

Message Server port: 3605

However, I have no knowledge with Application Server before, and don't know how to create a new instance which could be accessed through the port number: 3605

Is there any configuration tool I could use within NWDS or should I install some other tools?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zenghuan

When you create your new WebDynpro project you can just copy the original project and create a new application name and run it as it is. Also rename the package structure that all your WebDynpro objects resides in. You can do this by just doing a rename on your views, windows etc. For example if your original WebDynpro component resides in com..

Note! Of course you should only do this in a sandbox/dev environment for testpurposes.

Br

Göran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Göran. Your suggestion is very useful for preparing our future test project.

Currently, while the data persistency layer of the two projects are the same, to avoid "spoiling" the source data, we decide to create a new server instance (which will also create new MaxDB instance) instead of using the existing one. The purpose is to keep maximal availability of the old deployment.

Therefore, my question focues on how to create a new server instance for future deployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to

Window->Preferences->SAP AS Java->

under the SAP Instance Identity specify the instance host and instance number for your test system

Click register SAP Instance

Now on top the drop down wil show the newly added one select this and check the checkbox default SAP sytem

Once the above step is done,here on your deployments wont go the earlier system.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

I am using NWSD 7.1 on the client. I could see fields for entering instance host and instance number .

But I dont see the "Register SAP Instance" button. Therefore, I think the fields are only used to connect to already installed instance.

Should I install any plugin for creating the instance within NWSD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps mentioned above are from My CE IDE.

So i think you should also see the same , pl upgrade to the latest patch.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (0)