cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing data from PDF to WD Java..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have generated an interactive pdf through java.

I've created a value node in the context, binded that to pdf UI-elements, i have many other applications working on the same base, but this one's not..

can anyone help..

thanks in advance

~Amita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you explain i detail what is the problem you are facing?

Go Through the following document.

It will give you good overview and also the step which you are missing

Interactive Forms-->Functionality

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0401535-f81c-2a10-0192-ffd41e8e...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Actually i hav created a webdynpro application, that contains a number of fields. Now those fields are binded to attributes of a value node. when user fills in the form and clicks on submit, i must be able to get the values in those attributes of value node. but the values are being displayed as null. can u plz suggest what could be the issue.

regards

Amita

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amita,

Please go through the link in my earlier reply and verify if you have followed all the steps ..I am sure you will be able to solve this yourself.

Please tell me the cardinality of the Node which you have assigned to PDF data node.

Which submit button you are using .. is this in the form or in the webdynpro view...

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I've gone through the document, have already followed the steps mentioned..

Cardinality i've given is 1:1,

Submit button is on Webdynpro view.

i've created many applications like this only, they are working, and this application is working fine on one of my colleagues PC, but not mine and many other's..

regards

Amita

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please tell me the Adobe Reader version on your machine ? Also please tell me if this is native or activeX ...? In the view what you have specified ..

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

The Adobe reader version i am using is 7.0

type is activeX,

regards...

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amita,

My doubt .. SAP ACF component is installed on your PC.

Please refer to SAP Note 766191 if you can access this..

Please tell me what is your WebAS version? also at the same time can you update your adobe reader to latest version 8.1.1.

Cheers

Satya

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just one thing coming to my mind .. Is any other Java Webdynpro application with Adobe Form working fine on your desktop ? is the problem only with this particular application..? Can you also send me the 2 PDF (Working and not working PDF) in my email address p_satya123@yahoo.com

cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya, My issue is solved.. it was ACF installation, that helped..

thanks,

one more thing Satya can u please tell me how do i read a digital signature field on my form, into webdynpro..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u plz tell me how to capture data from pdf in web dynpro node.

thanks and regards

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u plz tell me all the steps required how to capture data from pdf to webdynpro-java node.

thanks and regards

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trilochan,

First af all create a node pdfdata, bind that node to datasource property of the form.

and another independent attribute of type binary, bind that attribute to pdfsource property of the form.

place a button on your webdynpro screen, and on its click action extract the data from that node's attributes. For eg.

wdContext.currentpdfdataElement().getEmployeeNum();

where pdfdata is the node binded to the data source property, EmployeeNum is the attribute of that node also placed on the form and binded to it..

Hope this helps

Regards

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for ur reply,i have solved that problem by using some api's......can u please tell me how to create a pdf from java webdynpro node.

means i have a requirement to make a view where we fill all the filelds and according to these fields(Context node with that filled data) i have to create a pdf file.

thanks and regards

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trilochan,

Ya that can be done just by binding that very node to the datasource property of the form will do the passing of the values.

And u just need to drag and drop the elements from dataview to the page of the pdf in adobe designer. That will solve your requirement

Regards

Amita.

Edited by: amita arora on Apr 10, 2008 9:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thaks for ur quick reply,my requirement is that i have to create a view where i fill data and by this data i have to create PDF FILE on action of a button.i m not using interactive form directly.

thanks and regards

Trilochan

Answers (0)