cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sol Man Test Plan protection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am workig with Sol Man 4.0. I have created the test plan in STWB_2.

Now in "Attributes" option, in top menu , under "Test Plan" option, i am protecting the test plan.

Now, i want control, except me, no one should able to "Remove protection".

How to control this?

Which authorization object controls this?

I have given only "DISPLAY" authorization for test plan. But still the user can do "remove the protection"

Please help me on this?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Your question is a valid one, but I am not sure how many may have explored these nuanced requirements so far, in their projects.

So, if you have a Sandbox SolMan environment you can perhaps try to enact the following and if it works you can try in the productive environment.

I am not sure if there exists a separate authorisation to prevent deletion, but there does seem to exist a functionality that prevents 'display' to users unless the document belongs to certain 'status' that you predefine.

-

Authorization for the activity READ(33) in the authorization object S_IWB, is checked if the role SAP_SOL_RE_COMP is used.

From SAP help in SPRO, please read more on the section:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Cross-Scenario Settings -> Status for documents

You may also want to explore:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Cross-Scenario Settings -> Document Management -> Authorizations.

I could not interpret the latter for a practical use. It needs more time being spent.

If you are ever able to crack this, please let me know at rsrinivasan2@yahoo.com

Thanks and regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I have explored. I can find the authrization object S_IWB with activity 70 (Manage). In Auth object S_IWB, if we give 70 activity, the same guy can do both (means "Protection" & "remove Protection").

But my requirement is bit different as i mentioned earlier.

Thansk

Kumar