cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP R3 IDES 4.7 without Oracle or SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible install the SAP R3 IDES 4.7 without installing Oracle DB (sapserver.cmd) or SQL?

Can i only install the SAP DB?

i will appreciate your help so much

best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by "only"? you can install sap r/3 products on different database systems...you do not have to use oracle or sql server as long as for example sapdb is also provided...have a look in sapnet under alias swdc -> installations and upgrades...for ides 47 and windows db2 udb, oracle and sapdb are provided....

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santos,

You can install SAP r/3 on Oracle, Sql or sapdb database. If you have already Sapdb then you donot need to install oracle or SQL.

I hope it is clear.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example.... i got a installation guide for SAP R3 IDES 4.7 wint Oracle and it say:

Copy DVD´s to drive D:, then run the Oracle setup D:47idesOracleNti386sapserver.bat

but as i dont have the Oracle instead this i can install SAPDB? or i have to omit this step and install java, assign the environment variables and run the SAP Setup?

I will appreciate your comments

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can use SAPDB/MAXDB instead of oracle. DB export DVD are same for all database,

but you need kernel cd/DVD for installation on SAPDB/MAXDB and make sure the when you run sapinst.exe from master cd/DVD then select ABAP system on SAPDB/MAXDB as database

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santos,

As mentioned by kaushal, you can use SAPDB/MAXDB instead of oracle. DB export DVD are same for all database.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much