cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant find my file in Test system JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

SORRY FOR LONG DESCRIPTION, BUT I WANTED TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM CLEARLY.

I have installed and configured JDI SP9 on WAS 6.40 SP9. I think there is not much difference between scenario 2+ and 3 configuration wise.. only difference is follow on tracks..for that i think not much config is needed.. anyhow we planned to implement scenario 2+ for time being. everything went smooth..didnt find many errors.. but we are missing to accomplish the goal

1. After importing Development config and adding a webmodule DC and enterprise application DC to SC. when I say checkin, It checks in all the files to DTR and what does "activate" do, I see that a central build is performed here. Is this the point where the files get deployed into my Development server? (please let me know). if so as what files will this be deployed into my server (if I am not wrong .sda ?? )

2. I already created Domain, Track and in runtime systems tab, I provided DEV,QA and PRD. following from the prev step, I released my activite from NWDS, which I was able to see in CONSOLIDATE tab in status "waiting for import" . and i clicked on import and the status changed to "import finished".

3. then it is turn of assembling. so it was here in "waiting for assembly" I selected my comp and clicked on "assemble component" and the status changed to "assembled".

AFAIK an SCA file will be formed in this step. I have seen this SCA file in JDI SYSTEM. /jtrans/archives.

Next, I clicked on TEST tab, but I didnt find this file there in status "waiting for import".. why is it so?

Let us think Assembly failed, if so, why did it showed me status assembled in assembly tab. and what would be the reasons that an assembly would fail?

4. anyhow my next trail was when assembling, this time i selected a checkbox "assemble even with inconsitencies".. so it changed to "assembled" state. and I could see this one in /Jtrans/archives and also it was in TEST tab with status "waiting for approval". then i clicked on import and it changed to "import finished". Then i searched for this file in Test system, but I didnt find this file there.

Experts, Please throw your suggestions

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

1. Activate process triggers a Central Build and it copies the sources from the inactive workspace in the DTR to the active workspace if the build is successful.No its is not at this point where your file is deployed. It is only after you release the activity for transport and then you import is your application deployed to the relevant runtime system.

3. Once you assembled your component and it did not show in the TEST tab then you should have checked the logs of the previous assembly that you did. This you can do by clicking the history button then select the relevant row in the table displayed and clicking the Details button. Under the Logs tab you will get all the logs and will show exactly where the assembly may have failed.

4. Again after you imported the component in the TEST system you should have gone in the history selected the relevant line in the table and clicked on the Details button. Under the logs tab you will find what all steps were executed and whether any step failed. You will also get a detailed explaination as to why the build failed.

If the logs show success then you can log in to Visual Admin and check whether your application has been deployed in the TEST runtime system.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Furthermore, you will not find the .SCA file on the Test system, since it's automatically removed after the deployment. You can search for the components that should be in the SCA though, like JAR files for example.

Answers (0)