ITS vs. Portal Theme vs. changing branding of WebGui service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have

WebGui iViews

(EP6.0 SP12) calling R/3 transactions (

no IAC´s!!

) via ITS (6.20 patch 19 + hotfix, designer-x.sar installed).
I also have a nice Portal Theme but the ITS delivers it´s own layout/design -> looks not very nice.
So I´ve read many threads here on SDN and found many OSS notes (607843, 525057, 621597, 826017, 370428, 646998 etc.).

But

I still don´t know if it´s possible to use my portal theme "on-top" of the ITS layout.
Let´s say it´s possible, so

HOW

? Which files do I have to edit or copy from where to where (mimes, services, templates, css etc.)?

Or is the only way to change the whole branding of WebGui service like my Portal Theme? Again: how?

Is the ITS style generator in EP6.0 "really" just for IAC´s?

Is WebGui an IAC?

Thanks+Regards,

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have same problem.

Where should I put parameter ~webTransactionType=EWT? In an Internet Service? In an SAP Transaction iview using SAP GUI for HTML?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Steffan,

I am wondering if you found a solution. I know that the using ITS Theme Generator, you can only change the UI Elements (Tables, Arrows etc) but not the background, font etc

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kiran

Our env is: EP6 sp16, ITS 4.6D and R/3 4.6c

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

it is unfortunately not possible to change the design of webgui. With ITS 6.20 you have the choice between SAP_Streamline and Enjoy. With Netweaver 2004 and integrated ITS only SAP_Tradeshow is supported.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus-

So you cannot influence the display of webgui with Netweaver 2004 at all? Not even by modifying the stylesheets for ITS directly on the backend? What exactly does the ITS Theme Generator do then?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you add the parameter ~webTransactionType=EWT, WebGui will pick up the theme generated by the ITS Theme Generator in the portal. However, can anyone explain the implications of using this parameter with all WebGui screens? I assume not all transactions are suitable to be used with this parameter? Where can it be used?

Many thanks

Jane