0 Kudos

Hi,

My Query is like

I am dooing Local Client Copy with in the System

from 100 Client to 110 Client.

and I have selected the Profile SAP_CUST along with the users

copy also.

My ? is like why it is getting delayed for a long time

like we are having 5000 entries and at the last 8 entry my job is getting Terminated and if i choose the client copy along with the users

is like does all the users in 110 client are going to be replaced with the users in 100 client? Y/N

and if i do not want the users of 100 client to be replaced in the 110 client like I want both 100 client users and as well as 110 client users in 110 client

with regards

prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

You cannot merge users in a client copy. Its a bit difficult to merge users between client. I cannot think of anything right now except an experienced ABAPer writing some sophisticated code to merge two client users.

The delay in client copy might have various reasons, check if any of the following is an issue.

• Less Resources - CPU, Memory, Diskspace, space in the database.

Solution: Nothing much you can do on the fly, except for space in database where you or your DBAs can increase space.

• Archive log directory - if the archive log directory is full, your client copy or any other update to the sytem will not proceed , system would stall.

Solution: Check if archive directory is full , if yes request your DBAs to perform archive log backup and create space.

• R3trans terminated - At the OS level when you perform a client copy, R3trans is triggered and is responsible for exporting/importing data, if due to some reason it crashes, the status is shown as processing however nothing happens. -

Solution: Check at OS level if R3trans is running, check in the log directory /usr/sap/trans/log if there are recently updated files.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very similar issue. On ECC6.0 system, I am also copying from client 100 to client 110. Exactly 7 tables need to be copied yet, but the process hungs. From OS level logs -

===

2 ETA163 Table "BKPF" not edited due to excessive number of errors

2 ETA057 WARNING: Cancelled several times

2 ETA163 Table "COEP" not edited due to excessive number of errors

3 ETA311 Process "00002" started on server "sfrndevsap15" (time: "17:20:51")

2 ETA297 Error: Table "ONROV" error in DDIC - Check table with SE14

2 ETA163 Table "FAGLFLEXA" not edited due to excessive number of errors

3 ETA311 Process "00003" started on server "sfrndevsap15" (time: "17:20:52")

4 ETA346 "FAGLFLEXC :"" 0 0 0 DEL."" 0 0 17:20:52"

2 ETA163 Table "HRP1001" not edited due to excessive number of errors

3 ETA311 Process "00004" started on server "sfrndevsap15" (time: "17:20:52")

4 ETA346 "VSAFVU_CN :"" 0 86123 0 DEL."" 0 29 17:21:21"

2 ETA163 Table "PCL4" not edited due to excessive number of errors

====

I have checked that R3trans is running, the BTC workprocess is running etc.

Pls help

Thanks,

Abdul

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

terminate the copy and start it again, with new versions of SAP i think it resumes from where it left.. however i haven't done a client copy these days for a long time so not sure about it.

Answers (0)