cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody please tell me detail flow of notification with transaction?

how actually notification starts and closes in any industry?

who are the persons/departments involved at different stages of notification.

plaese elaborate with detail ex.

suppose i receive some material as customer return, how shall i proceed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Tell me your business sceanrio...we will give you the stpes required..generally if you ask ther are so many ways we can create notitifcation and process notitication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually i am not using it anywhere.but from learning it in detail,i read the theory but its too lenthy and not able to understand clearly.

so to clarify how it works exactly in industry i asked this.

thanks to all for kind information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Notification is a big functinality to be discussed here .Please goto the link provided by the other member to understand in detail.

For the question you asked ...i.e; when the customer returns...

This basically comes under Notification Category(02) which QM related and Notificaiton type Q1.

I will try to explain the different options you have while creating Notification briefly.

You goto QM01 and create Notification for Notification Type Q1 with refernce to some objects Like sales order for example under Reference Object tab

Then under Subject Tab you have option for entering Catalog and long text related to Notification type and also set the priority.

Under the next tab which is Items,you can enter catalog entry for Defect types and defect location.here you can code the defect item for defect type and defect location.

Under Activity you basically document the steps which have already been taking place to solve the problem related to the complaint.

Under Tasks you initiate the activities to be performed and also assign to a person for processing .

Also in this screen there is Action box where you can do a lot of activities like Post Goods movement,create repair order with ref to Reference objects and so on......

Hope that was a good start up kit to understand Notiifcation.

Reward if helpful

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks naik for reply,

Actually i have read theory of notification and also tried to make it.But i have never implemented it on any project so bit confuse.

Whatever you told i know most of the things.

But I was confuse with task and activity which is clear now.

But in the Item tab, again there is task and activity.So what is the difference between this task and activity in itm tab and separate tabs of task and activity ?

Again what is partner which i need to assign to notification?

Then my next question is i will create the notification and put it in process.what after that who will take further actions on it and how?i feel suppose there is some rejection due to process problem, production dept should take the actions on it and let us know and then we (Quality) will check for its fullproofness and then close or complete the notification.

How all these things happen where notification is implemented actually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see Task and activity at Header level and Item level.

Header level Task is for planning the immediate fix (In industries it is called as ICA (Interim corrective action) some times). (Eg - Rework)

Whereas item level Task is for the permanent fix , which is primarily aiming at preventive action and it will take more time to close normally.Hence it needs to be done in detail including the causes.(Eg - Defects analysis/ Root cause analysis)

Task needs to be assigned to the person responsible , who will take action on the task & it will have status also (means , it needs to be released & to be closed , once action is taken).

You need to release header level & item level task seperately.

Activities will not have any status & hence it is for the purpose of recording various activities.

See the pdf file regarding partner functions.

You may think of Workflow for Quality Notification, if you want better implementation in a closed loop system. But it depends on the volume of Notification / your business requirement.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through the enclosed documentation for complete process flow of Quality Notification.

If you have any specific queries in that, please revert back .

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/QMQN/QMQN.pdf

Regards

K.M.Arun