cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization of Adobe form in wd Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I m working in WD Abap for internationalization of Adobe forms, can any one explain me how to achieve it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually m looking for automatic label translation only.....then how can i attach text to buttons(like..submit). Can i do it from OTR supplied in Tr Se80.

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am afraid we can achieve this with Adobe Interactive Form.

You have to use separate form for each language you want to support.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

R u saying that we have to create different XDP files or we have to create different WD Applications for each language?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your forms have different layout depending on language or only text value have to be translate ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

Is the creation of two forms in the only solution for internationalization of the forms in WD ABAP.

We have a requirement where user can see the form either in German or English. Layout of the form is same in both language, only label text should be converted in respective language.

Thanks in Advance,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope your forms is base don XML interface because with DDIC interface there are problems ( code inside the initialization part doesn't work, include text in the context are not "execute" ... ) .

in your xml file you can add all value you want, that means you can add value of text depending on language and the used it in the form .

Hope this help you.

regards

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is possible to translate the labels, button text etc, basically all the static text on any Adobe form.

Go to SFP --> enter the form name

Click on Display or Change

Click on Goto Menu and select translation

Original language will be autopopulated. Enter the target language in which you want the texts to be translated into., eg FR (French) and enter

You will see the tree for translation objects. Expand the package name and then PDFB. Under PDFB you will find your form name --> Double Click.

A translation editor will open up.

Navigate to Object Menu --> Copy Source text.

The entire XML for the form will be copied in the target language window with all static text literals highlighted in blue.

Replace the english text (blue text) with the French text ( target language text) and save.

Thats all. The form will be now translated, run the application and provide the target language in the URL

eg http://...../sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/app_name?sap-language=FR

Regards,

Reema

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can definitely help you in this. Please let me know the functionality you are lloking for ...

There are many limitation with Internationalization with Adobe Interactive form.

If you are looking for automatic label translation or something like that .. this is not feasible. But let me know the requirement .. I can try to provide some alternate solution.

Cheers

Satya