cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

My client requirement is that along with the products they also sell services involved to the customers like Installation, Commisioning etc.How to cater to this sceanrio in SD as the cost of services should be transfered to the delivered material as these services should not come as line items in the billing to the customer.Also these services are outsourced to third parties so how to handle this in SD.Please help me in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

1.You create service material with DIEN itemcategory group in MM01 transaction.

You put procurement type as both procurements in MRP2 view.

Maintain cost of the material at in the accounting 1 view.

Main tain VPRS condition type in the pricing procedure.

2.You are telling that, service amterial should not come in the billing document as item, for this you create new copying routine in VOFM, you assign to your billing documents and delivery documents at item level in the transaction VTFL.

3.You are telling that some times you sourced third party for this you can control through itemcategory determination in the transaction VOV4.

Here you assign third party item category (TAS)in Mltca column,when you create sales order normally Stadard Itemcategory(TAN) will come but when create sales order for third party services enter TAS item category based on that Purchage requesition will be created,then purchase order with reference to Purchage requesition.

I hope it will help you

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Thanks for your reply I have done all this already but my only query was how to transfer the cost of the service materials to the header or deliverable material without including these items in the billing.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello dear friend,

You try with the copying routine itself is there any posibility avail to copy only price (cost of the product) without copying the item to the invoice from the delivery.

Regards,

Murali.