cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Inputting value in a table

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

I am populating one of my table column with EVS and we also have to give the functionality to user to input values free handedly but whenever user is putting value we are getting error

The string "000000000007000000" is not in the quantity of allowed values

But if the same value is coming from EVS it is accepted successfully.

Any help will be rewarded points

Thanks

-Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

issue solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai ashwani,

you can display the decription of the selected key in a text view or label next to the inputfield.If you opt this solution ill provide you the required link.

Regards

Sharanya.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can give a try by creating a nonvalidating action for this input onEnter

add the newly entered value as part of the EVS.

If the error is displayed even before a round trip then the above solution will not work and you have to live up with the framework error.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member485701
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have created simple Type for EVS, then keep Description and Value with same name. It will only take input as simple type's value. If you put the description in that, then it will show this error.

Ex.

Description 0000070000

Value 0000070000

this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Praveen

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response but I have to show description along with the value which is coming from EVS and when user is inputting value free hand then we don't have to worry about the description. If anything is not clear to you pl. clarify.

Thanks

-Ashwani

Edited by: ashwani tomar on Feb 6, 2008 7:58 PM

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing praveen we are only getting error when user is inputting value when he is getting from EVS we are fine that time.

Thanks

-Ashwani