cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are shipping point and delivery note connected ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to understand how is shipping point connected to process of creating delivery notes....can we configure sap using SPRO such that the delivery note creation happens automatically for certain shipping point once the order is created and saved ....and for certain shipping point the delivery note is not automatically created ( assuming we are using the same order type) but the determination of automatic DN creation is done by the value of the shipping points ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually what is shipping point?

Shipping point is an independent org.unit which is linked to the plant and represent the point of departure or receipt of materials.

Normally lot of shipping points are assigned to the plant.

Relation:

Actually a delivery is created from a single shipping point only.. That is the reason when u complete the sales order, at the time of creating the delivery note, u are forced to enter the shipping point, without that the system willn't proceed further.

Determination:

It is determined with the formula of shipping conditions + loading grp + deliv. plant

Answering to ur 2nd query,

when u are creating the delivery from the sales order screen (by going to menu bar and click delivery), the system automatically assumes the shipping pt is from the sales order.

But if u enter the different shipping point in delivery note creation, the system will thro an error that delivery split due to diff. shipping points.

Hope i clarify ur queries, ur further queries are welcomable.

Reward points if useful...

regards

Kaleeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaleeswaran, that was helpful ....is there any configuration in SAP that we can do so that when an order( TA) is getting created and saved we trigger a automatic delivery creation when the shipping point is equal to XX but when the shipping point is equal to yy the delivery notes is not created automatically when the order is saved.....??? may be a combination of congifuration and some user exit can do that....we have a list of shipping point that start with xx that need automatic DN creation and some xx** shipping point and non xx shipping points does not require automatic DN creation once the order is saved ....also if there exist a way to do this do we know if the same congfiguration can work to create the DN ( if the shipping point is xx) when order is saved from change mode ( va02) .......please not we cannot change any document types we have to stick with TA and its standard DN type.... any help or suggestion will be Reward points .....:-)

Thanks in advance

Rajey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

As you DO NOT want to use other sales document, the only thing I can recommend is , running a Batch Job in the background ( every minute or 30 seconds) for only those specific Shipping Points which you want delivery to be created for.

This should solve your problem.

Thanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.....I was hopeful if this could have been acheived using a combination of configuration or a user exit. without much of abap......code.....but i see the limitation of not have a new order type....any ways I will keep on looking for a solution within our limitation....that can trigger DN creation on basis of shipping point.....if I find any I will share it you all of us.....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just example:

program RVADDN01 (to print out the delivery note (output type)) uses table TVST (Shipping points)

run tranz OVXD and check/maintain address for ship. point (this info can used in output)