cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST Bug

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is more of an FYI for those who use the BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST or BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GET_LIST functions. There is a documented bug (SAP Note 1050826) that causes it to fail under certain circumstances. I first ran into this bug over a year ago using the second bapi to retrieve confirmation information. There is a software patch available, but it requires an ABAP programming and security authorizations which are often not in xMII developers toolkits.

The BAPI works in BAPI Explorer but fails when invoked from xMII. I had the problems using the first bapi recently to retrieve Batch information for production orders. The only inputs I used when the failure occurred was using only a ORDER_NUMBER_RANGE. It returns an error message of "No order corresponds to selection criteria". There may be other conditions where it would fail similarly, but I did not spend a lot of time testing once I verified what was happening.

Hope this prevents someone else from banging their head against a wall trying to figure it out.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Nice catch...how long did that one take?

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

This is actually the second time I have run into this bug. The first time was in Pittsburgh, probably in or around June, 2006. That took several hours of testing to prove out what was happening. First BAPI Explorer, then duplicating it in xMII. There I was fortunate to have an ABAP programmer around. He looked up the note, applied the fix, and everything was fine. That time, I was using BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GET_LIST.

This time, using BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST and having already experienced the problem before, went very fast. It took me a while to pin it down to the BAPI call. Once I tracked it to the BAPI, it was less than an hour. I just couldn't believe it happened to me a second time.

Hopefully this will save others some time and frustration.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Since your original post, have you (or anyone reading) encounted the need for the fixes in Note [1058380|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1058380], released 25.05.2007 12:13:56, and/or Note [1058089|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1058089], released 23.05.2007 07:20:56? These both involve BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST and BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL.

Or did the patch associated with Note [1050826|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1050826] do everything you needed?

Thanks -

Chuck

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

I have not run into any other problems with the PRODORD BAPIs so I guess for my purposes, 1050826 was sufficient. However, I have been working very little with any BAPIs in the last six month or so. So I am not sure whether I would have needed those other two patches.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks. I'm not sure if the patches helped anything for us - but the problem turned out to be the realization that BAPI Explorer sends padded leading zeros and xMII BAPI calls don't. So my error message of "Order xyz not found." was due to not including leading zeros.

Thanks for the feedback.

Chuck

0 Kudos

Chuck,

Just a FYI...the leading zero requirement is implementation specific and from what I understand can be turned off in ECC. Otherwise you have to use the following in the BLS link editor to zero pad your inputs:

stringright( "0000000000" & Transaction.SomeInput, 10 )

Hope this helps.

Sam