cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBMGui Information about old non existent databases

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I start DBMGui and connect to a database server there are listet a lot of database entries.

Some of them are not existent any more at the moment.

TR3 7.5.00.32 /sapdb/TR3/db

SR3 7.6.00.28 /sapdb/SR3/db

TST 7.6.00.36 /sapdb/TST/db

PR3 7.6.00.36 /sapdb/PR3/db

Where are this information from? Which file?

Thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

it seems like the databases had been dropped from a different DBMGUI or via DBMCLI.

To remove the registration of the database from DBMGUI you can choose "Delete" from the context menu while having a db-entry selected.

Nevertheless to answer your question about the storage of that information as well:

The DBMGUI configuration including the registration of the db instances is stored in the folder

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<username>\Anwendungsdaten\sdb\DBM

resp.

C:\Dokuments and Settings\<username>\Applicationdata\sdb\DBM

The file "Default.dbm" is a XML format file, containing all the registration information.

The other files in that folder (DBMWba.cfg, DBMWco.cfg, DBMWin.cfg...) are the configuration files for the different "wizards" of the DBMGUI (e.g. Backup Wizard).

Best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

thanks for your quickly answer. But there is more on server side as at the client (DBMGui).

The client (DBMGui) is installed the first time on my pc. If I connect to a existing database server I get a lot of instances, some of them no more existing.

At server side there a overall directories like /sapdb/programs or /sapdb/data. /sapdb/<SID> is not existing for some instances, but shown in DBMGui.

Where are stored this information on the database server?

Best Regards

Andreas

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Jens ...?

Well if on your sever you get a lot of non-existent instances when doing

dbmcli db_enum

then it's quite likely that the instances had been dropped in a "unclean" way.

What can you do to get rid of these entries? It depends.

So the easiest way to get this done (if you're a SAP-Customer) would be: open a support message.

If you're not an SAP customer you might want to give us some further information here.

Therefore please post the results of the following commands on the server:

dbmcli db_enum
dbmcli inst_enum
xinstinfo

KR Lars