cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP-BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus

I am trying to confirm certain doubts that I have regarding forecast based on bill of materials:

1. Since we are not using the SNP would the manual creation of the DP-PPM be the right way to go

2. We would be incorporating the independent demand and dependent demand key figures in the planning area to see the independent and dependent forecast in the two grids. Can we also see the independent and dependent history in the same planning book if we incorporate these history key figures in the planning area. Example if we want to see the dependent history of the speaker set when we get it from the independent history of the music system.

3. When we do forecasting then we can use different forecasting profile for the music system and the speaker set as they we can make them into different selection ids and then when doing the back end processing of the forecasting then assign different activities (forecasting profiles) to get the system to forecast differently for the speaker set and the music system.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be possible to use conversion routines to convert PPDS PPM to DP PPM. You can also maintain them manually as you mentioned.

Even the second requirement is possible. Just that you would need to define these History keyfigures at planning area definition level. Similarly multiple Fcst keyfigures can be defined for a planning area. You can construct two grids in the DV to view the dependent and independent history. But you can view only one planning object at a time (eg. a child product) So you cannot view a parent item in one grid and a component in another.

Multiple forecast profiles can definitely be used for the purpose you mentioned. Each profile will have its own History and Fcst Key figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply,

I have an urgent situation here and would be really thankful if you could please help.I have been able to make a DP PPM and activate it and now when i am trying to generate the CVC for the MPOS I am not being able to generate the CVC. The reason I think is that there are no values for 9ABOMIO, 9ABOMID and 9APPMNAME. The system does not have any BOM for sure as i have made the PPM manually and hence all I did was created the mode and have put in output and the input components.I am stuck and am not being able to move forward. I would be really thankful if you could reply.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

When you created your Planning Object Structure I assume you checked the box "Relevant for DP BoM"?

If so then when you maintain your CVC's there should be another option available to "Add BoM Information" and then "Generate DP PPM's"

You will need to run the "Add BoM Information" this should add your DP BoM to it's correct CVC

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply and this has helped to generate the CVC or the MPOS but i am facing some other problem:

When i am trying to initialize the planning area based on the MPOS then the system is not initalizing the planning area and is giving me the an internal error

"Internal error [/SAPAPO/OM_TS_NODES_CREATE]

Message number /SAPAPO/TSM099

Could you please let me know what might be the probelm here. I am trying to look for it in the service notes as well

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try looking at the following SAP Note, not sure what level your system is so it may or may not be relevant:

[Note 933875 - Internal error while initializing planning area|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=933875&nlang=EN&smpsrv=https%3a%2f%2fwebsmp107%2esap-ag%2ede]

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same error while activating time series for DP-BOM.

Error :

Internal error [/SAPAPO/OM_TS_NODES_CREATE]

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSM099

I tried many things by doing debugging but not able to fix the issue.

With Regards,

Sreerama

Answers (0)