cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM - SP13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am applying SPS13 to a Java standalone system. I have started the JSPM on UNIX system and redirecting the output using exceed to my windows PC.

Right now, the Deploy Phase is running and it has already deployed about half of the packages.

But, now since about 3 hours, I dont see any update on the GUI screen and it has blanked out completely.

The log files in JSPM/log directory are not growing at all since 3 hours and neither are the files in SDM/log directory. I am worried that something is wrong here. There is a jspm OS process running sidadm but I am not sure if its doing anything.

Can anyone let me know if this is normal. How does JSPM normally behave in writing logfiles.

If I kill my exceed session and try to reconnect, will it kill the deploy also and cause problems?

How should I approach this?

Also, can you log in to the j2ee system while this is running. I tried but it says service not avilable.

The logfiles in /usr/sap/SID/JC<>/work show the server0 process as started and teh availability log is also showing as available.

Please provide your ssuggestions.

I think JSPM is the worst tool from SAP and this is the second time I had problems with it in 2 years. Looks like it hasnt improved at all.

Regards

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you stop JSPM (CTRL-C) and restart it, it will continue at the place it stopped.

> I think JSPM is the worst tool from SAP and this is the second time I had problems with it in 2 years. Looks like it hasnt improved at all.

You lucky one - I have had MUCH more trouble in the past!

Markus

floK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've no problems with JSPM at all. The JSPM just controll the SDM to update the packages. Look there for more infos:

/usr/sap/<sid>/InstName/SDM/program/log

Best regards

Florian Keller

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus.

The stop and restart fixed the problem.