cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12 and Animated Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm working with xMII 12.0 an trying to use the AnimatedObjects.

I want to reflect the temperature on the shop-floor on a web-page. Thus, I thought of using the Temperature Animated Object.

But whenever I try setting the value of this object to reflect a query I do in the Database it stays on the default value (namely 50 for the Thermometer animated object available in Default->AnimatedObjects)

I try with other AnimatedObjects but I keep getting the same result, namely the Value field never updates!

Any clue about that?

Thanks a whole lot,

Dominique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within your action block are you setting the correct properties?

see this [thread|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I would say so.

I get the temperature from an SQL action block and then I assign the result of this block to the Value property of the Thermometer AnimatedObject using the link editor of the Thermometer AnimatedObject.

I am missing the point, or is that the property I should set?

Edited by: Dominique Guinard on Feb 5, 2008 5:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you doing after that AnimationRenderer block? Are you saving the image anywhere? If not, this is your issue.

Otherwise, for some reason your generated PNG is not receiving the value. If thats the case, place a Tracer action block prior to this and write out messages to see what value is being sent in.

We use the Thermometer a lot and I havent seen this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Um well thanks a lot for your prompt answer but actually it still does not work:

>What are you doing after that AnimationRenderer block? >Are you saving the image anywhere? If not, this is your >issue.

Well I use an Image saver and get the encoded image form the AnimationRenderer

>Otherwise, for some reason your generated PNG is not >receiving the value. If thats the case, place a Tracer action >block prior to this and write out messages to see what >value is being sent in.

I did and the AnimationRenderer is indeed getting the correct value.

>We use the Thermometer a lot and I havent seen this issue

That makes it a total mystery...

In case you have a bit of time I uploaded the transaction on:

[http://www.guinard.org/temperatureGauge.trx]

Thanks a whole lot for your help.

0 Kudos

Make sure you have 12.0.2 and not an earlier release, there was a bug in the ramp-up version of 12 which would cause this.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

All right, that could explain it... Duh! Newbie question, where do you find out about the version? I mean I know it's 12 but where do I find out about the exact version?

0 Kudos

When you first login on the Menu.jsp page, Support -> About

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

All right, rather easy

We've got version: Version 12.0.1 Build(75)

Do you think it contains that bug? Just asking because re-installing xMII is kind of a long process (or is there a good update procedure?)

Cheers,

Dom

0 Kudos

Dom,

Glad to hear it's just that easy... shouldn't be hard to redepoy the released SCA for xMII and should only take 10minutes. You can redeploy the new SCA right over top of xMII and you will not loose any of your content. Simply move the new SCA into your Software Transport directory and deploy it into NetWeaver via JSPM. These steps our outlined in the document that will be released in the near future but I'll give you come quick instructions in case you're new to NetWeaver:

1) Copy the xMII SCA from Service Marketplace to your transport directory

Transport Directory is here:

<TransportServer>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in

• The transport directory is basically a shared directory on your network used to deploy software in a consistent manner throughout your landscape.

2) Start the Support Package Manager ([JSPM|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1f/c45b4211aac353e10000000a1550b0/content.htm])

JSPM is located here:

usr/sap/<SID>/JC<XX>/j2ee/JSPM/go.bat

3) Follow the steps for deploying "New Software Components"

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam, as you suggested, I upgraded to build 100 of 12.0.3 and it solved that SVG bug.

Thanks a whole lot,

Dominique

Edited by: Dominique Guinard on Feb 13, 2008 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dom,

Is this released already?I don't see it on the Market place yet.

I can see SP02, (build 88) only.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Ud,

The v12.0.3 build 100 is an INTERNAL ONLY development release and as a result will not appear on SMP.

Dominique,

The version of xMII you should use should be 12.0.2 b88 which is available for download from SMP. The build you have is unsupported and currently in development; which in short means it's largely untested. The SVG issue you were experiencing was fixed in v12.0.2 so you will not have any issues using this version, which I highly recommend that you use. Redeploying this version over top of you current build should not impact your previously defined xMII content.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Sam

Edited by: Salvatore Castro on Feb 13, 2008 10:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam.

I just now realized Dom's an SAP employee, so that explains it.

Appreciate the clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You guys are both definitely right:

1) The bug is solved from 12.0.2.

2) I got an internal only version since I'm indeed, an SAP employee.

Sorry about the confusion and thanks a lot for your help on solving the problem.

Dom

Edited by: Dominique Guinard on Feb 14, 2008 3:24 PM

Answers (0)