cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fork in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using BPM in one of my scenarios where I have to use a Fork to call two webservices in parallel.Do I need to give conditions for the Fork step as we do for the Switch step in BPM?

Thanks

Points will be Awarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

condition in fork is given to specify a criterion to "end" your fork step. this condition is tested. If the fork has completed the required number of branches (that u specify) OR end condition is true the fork ends...

it totally depends on ur scenario requirement. its not always required to specify an end condition...

FYR...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

hope it helps.

regards,

latika.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No....

Fork step is used to send messages with out conditions

where as Switch step is used to send messages with conditions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you need not to give conditions for the Fork step as you do for the Switch step in BPM.

FORK STEP

1)You use a fork when you want to continue a process in branches that are independent of each other, for example, to communicate with two systems that are independent of each other. The branches of the fork join in a union operator.

2)You can specify the required number of branches and then define whether the process must run through all branches, or just a particular number of branches. Furthermore, you can define an end condition for the fork.

3).As soon as a branch reaches the union operator at runtime, the system checks the following conditions in the specified order:

4).The process has run through the required number of branches

The specified end condition has returned true

The step is complete as soon as one of the conditions returns true.

SWITCH STEP

1)You use a switch to define different processing branches for a process. The Otherwise processing branch is created automatically.

2)You define a condition for each processing branch. The condition is checked at runtime. The process is continued in the branch that is first to return the value true. If no branch returns the value true, then the process is continued in the Otherwise branch.

3)The system checks the conditions in the order that they are numbered. This corresponds to the following sequence:

Vertical layout: From top to bottom

Horizontal layout: From left to right

Edited by: Ashok Thatigutla on Feb 11, 2008 1:27 PM

Edited by: Ashok Thatigutla on Feb 11, 2008 1:27 PM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want both of them do go thru without any criteria then no need to specify any conditions,just leave it as blank.

raj.