Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery from projects and related sales billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are Implementing SAP .It is producing Capital Goods,

Here all sales orders are Releated to Projects and each line item contains one WBS Element.

Each sales order line item will not be despatch as it is,

Each line item again ( WBS) Contain More then 2000 Items and at least 50 Trucks , each truck is one delivery, if I do the delivery from project How can i do the delivery releated billing , and excise invoice in Indian scnerio.

Here there is no Milestone billing.

Plese help me out in this regards,

Regards,

GR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the assumption that if all 2000 items are delivered it is assumed that Sales Order line item is assumed to be delivered.

In the BOM structure you can keep the S.O line item as a phantom assembly and the 2000 items under it .

When doing the delivery from projects if WBS and SO reference are given, automatically the items under the phantom in BOM appear in the delivery.(provided they are in project/plant stock).

Select items that form one truck load and post the delivery and subsequent invoice.

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make delivery related billing subjected to procurement of materials against projects. Once the materials are available in project stock, delivery can hapen from project through CNSO, subsequently picking / packing / billing will happen in SD module. However in delivery related billing, there is no link between sale order & delivery.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

1. When we do delivery thru CNS0 it Dr- FG Consumption /ac and Cr-FG Stock a/c. Suppose if i have to take this Dr-COGS-Fg and Cr-Fg Stock a/c. will you please suggest the necessary customization steps and user transactions.

2. In our scenario we have done delivery through CNS0. When we do billing, we are getting an error that Profitability segment is not derived for GL (revenue). I have checked the relevant derivation rules which looks correct. Do u have any idea how to maintain derivation rule to derive WBS element?

3. In other scenario, intstead of opting PS. We have followed: 1. Cretaed SO (with WBS). 2. MD04- Cretaed Planned Order 3. Converted Planned order to Process Order 4.Goods Issue and confirmation of process order 5.VL01N-Delivery (601 E).

While doing delivery we r getting an error that create GL (FG-COGS) as Cost element. This is GL is mapped to GBB-VAX.we have for GBB-VAY with cost elemnt. Do we have to create this GL also as cost element? why system is not picking from GBB-VAY? any idea

Regards,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot do delivery related billing using project delivery. Possibly you can customise the project delivery to suit delivery related billing - but SAP neither supports nor recommends it. PS is designed for mile stone billing.

The other option is to call all the project deliverables into sales order, do sales order delivery and do delivery related billing.It is rather round about.

You have to take a call depending on business requirement.

Muraleedharan.R