Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To EDI (Multiples edi's output)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're developing a File to EDI scenario,

In our mapping we receive 1 file with all the data gather for many EDI's output (845 V4010), in a simply structure based on a header, data positions, and a value that identifies the end of the file

example:

MT_File

Record (1.unbounded)

-

HEADER (1.1)

-

DETAIL_CT (0.unbounded)

-

DETAIL_DS (0.unbounded)

-

DETAIL_EB (0.unbounded)

-

DETAIL_N3 (0.1)

-

DETAIL_PD (0.unbounded)

-

DETAIL_TR (1)

So, we have a lot of "Records" contaning many edi files 845 to be mapped

Our problem is that we can't get the multiple output as desired, we tried to change the output ocurrence to (0.unbounded), that generates a change in the mapping adding "Messages" and "Messages 1" to the EDI tree structure, and changing the LIST occurrence to a multiple one:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6066/filetoediau7.jpg

But even if in the test instance seems to work the only thing i get in the output is an empty structure like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1 />

</ns0:Messages>

- Are we missing something to complete this multi-mapping? or we need to use BPM as our only solution?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by: Alanis Alexis on Feb 6, 2008 2:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's already blank: http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7063/xmlnamespaceqc2.jpg

it's necessary to map "messages" and "messages1" fields (1.1 occurence)?

(i was thinking it wasnt necessary, for example, in a normal mapping we don't map "LIST" field), i really don't know other thing to check

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alanis,

it's necessary to map "messages" and "messages1" fields (1.1 occurence)?

No.

While placing the file are u remove the messages tag and then placing the file isn't it.

raj.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

raj, could u give me a little explanation on how to remove the XML Namespace?

that's the only thing we didn't try, but we're not sure on how to do it

thanks everyone for the quick responses!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alanis,

Go to the Message type which u've created. In the Message type u can see XML Namespace, if you already have value in it, just remove it and leave it as blank.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the test instance, since the mapping is "Record (0.unbounded) -

> LIST (0.unbounded)" we get a structure with many LIST segments

Message1

LIST

LIST

LIST

but that's not working on the real output, since it generates the "Message1" empty

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alanis,

I'm not sure, can u try this. Go to Message type and remove the XML Namespace and give a try.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alanis Alexis,

there is no need to go for any BPM or any alternative solution,

Just You need to do the troubleshooting for this,

I could be able to give some of the hitches where you could try and analyse to resolve it.

1. Verify either you have the occurances as unbounded for the receivers fields under S_ISA.

2. I don't know if there is any specific requirments but it will be fine if you could make the occurance of S_ISA as unbounded and map it with Record.

3. As its mentioned in above post you could try to copy the sender payload in test tab and check with mapping.

4. Here after copying the payload in XML tag of Test tab, you could also use Display queue option to verify the multiple items are in queue or not. (In Graphical mapping Design > mapping area>select the node and right click to see display queue)

5. Check the display queue option for LIST or S_ISA.

Thanks

Swarup

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alanis,

Can u copy the inbound payload and test it in the Message mapping? See if you get the desired results.

raj.