cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party items delivery from projects and sales billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

3rd party items or direct delivery items will be delivered from vendor's place directly to the customer's place. requirement for this 3rd party items would be generated from project external activities. Now this requirement would be converted to Purchase Orders. When the 3rd party are delivered to the customer's place directly by the vendor, we would create a dummy Goods receipt document.

Please suggest how to do the sales billing for the 3rd party items delivered directly from the vendor to the customer place.

Please note that the sales order in this scenario would not have any 3rd party items as line items. Please suggest.

Regards

Gangi Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would say this is one of the missing links in SAP.

Whether it is stock materials , or 3 rd party materials, it looks like, SAP-PS supports only mile stone billing.

Ofcourse, as Shishir rightly pointed out, you can call the materials once again in the sales order (billing request) and do order related billing. If it is stock material, you can deliver the materials using SD functionality and do delivery related billing. But either way, the solution is not elegant, and at best can be called work arounds. I say so, basically because, the solution involves duplicate data entry (project & sales order) which is not what one expects from an ERP system.

One can do statistical Goods Receipt(GR) though it is of no value as far as billing is concerned in the PS context. But if the 3 rd party requirement is generated from SD (meaning sales order), then staistical GR has a controlling function in billing and is fully integrated with the billing process.

These are, ofcourse, my views.

The issue must be bothering many, and I would request more views.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U can try making statistical GR.

check out this link for ur reference

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear reddy,

in your case , when u do the GRn in the system ,stock will not be raised. since it is third party order ( if item catogory N). so there is no way u can do the delivery in the system. Aternative is order related billing. create one more document for request document in SD . And raise billing request,with ref to the Sales order, and create invoice with ref to the billing request.

Hope this helpful for u.

thx

shishir

Edited by: Shishir Rai on Oct 1, 2008 12:52 PM

Edited by: Shishir Rai on Oct 1, 2008 1:05 PM