Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM on implementation Projects

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a conceptual question regarding the use of ChaRM on Implementation projects.

We are using ChaRM and have ensured that CTS is driven from Solution Manager i.e transport requests can only be created from corrections (SDMI). To date all SDMI's have been created as follow on documents to Change Transactions (SDCR). Going forward we would like to differentiate genuine changes (Changes to scope after blueprint sign off) from implementation activities driven from blueprinted requirements.

Whilst we see benefit from approval workflows for genuine changes, it is quite a chore to create SDCR's for all regular implementation work which is implicitly approved by signed off blueprint.

It is also difficult for us to then differentiate Changes from Implementation SDCR's.

Can anyone see a problem with all implementation tasks being generated directly as SDMI's with no preceding SDCR whilst leaving genuine changes as SDCR generated corrections?

The only one I can think of so far is that there is workflow that sets the status on an SDCR when the SDMI has been through it's lifecycle although I'm not sure how the system would behave if there is no SDCR.

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

for the first please use SDMJ. SDMI is old.

You can create SDMJ directly without SDCR and his approval workflow. There is no problem.

It is not really clear how to work with Implementation projects and "changes".

There are two known scenarios:

Implementation project (phase of the application management life cycle is "Implementation"):

If you have an really Implementation project for an Implementation of for example an new SAP product you should use an "Implementation project". It is not a change request!

Here you work with the known IMG-projects, blueprint, project phases.....

The transport process is realized via bc-sets. It means you create all you "changes" in bc-sets.

Implementation project (phase of the application management life cycle is "Optimization"):

Here you can use also the "Implementation project"

You can create SDMJ directly without SDCR and his approval workflow. There is no problem.

The transport process is realized via transport requests.

I guess the different between this two scenarios is the transport process.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards

Thomas