cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Auto-React: Operating System Commands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to run an operating system command in the event that an alert is raised in my CEN CCMS system.

I have set up the operating system command in SCEN (using SM69) and tested it -- no problems. I have used the example given on help.sap.com. It works great from SM69 or SM49.

I have created a custom MTE Auto-Reaction Method that is a copy of the SAP standard and it points to the logical name of the op system command I created in SM69.

But, when I assign the Auto-Reaction method to an MTE and kick off the auto-reaction, nothing happens. I have tried assigning it auto-reaction method as a method for a local MTE and also as a central auto-reaction, but I get nothing.

Please help me see what I am missing.

Many thanks in advance,

Nic Doodson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nic,

could you provide us the method definition and the definition of the logical command?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response, I hope you can help.

Logical command is called: Z_NI_ALERT_OVO

It calls the operating system command: /usr/sap/tmp/test.sh

It allows additional parameters.

test.sh is :

#!/usr/bin/sh

echo $2 alert from $1 Message $5 $4 > /usr/sap/tmp/alert_$3.txt

I can run this from SM49/SM69 and it works fine.

Method is: Z_SEND_ALERT_TO_OVO

Calls function module: SALO_EXECUTE_SYSTEM_COMMAND_V2

Can be executed on: Any Server

Execution Method: Periodically in Dialog Process

Parameters:

COMMAND : Z_NI_ALERT_OVO

PARAMATERS : <blank>

REACT_ON_ALERTS : red

MTENAME : SID/SEGMENT/CONTEXT/OBJECT/ATTRIBUTE

PARAMLIST_1: COLOR DATE_TIME MSG

PARAMLIST_2: ID

Help!

I can only think there is something about it being a local/centrally distrubuted auto-reaction method...I'm assigning it as a cenrally distributed auto-reaction method.

Any input would be great.

Cheers,

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nic,

> Execution Method: Periodically in Dialog Process

is contradictory to

> I'm assigning it as a cenrally distributed auto-reaction method.

If the autoreaction is indeed defined to started locally (Dialog process) you should not be able to assign the method as central autoreaction in rz21.

So how it is configured really?

Some general thoughts about the autoreaction:

- is the logical command defined with ANYOS or explicitely as UNIX, Linux or whatsever? The documentation states that ANYOS is not allowed, you will have to use the appropriate OS instead.

- maybe a weired idea: do you really test the autoreaction on a red alert? It will not work with a yellow alert because of the REACT_ON_ALERTS = red.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You're absolutely right -- the configuration is not "Periodically in Dialog Process" it's "Only in Central System, triggered by CCMS agents".

I've double checked that and it's fine.

So to test, I go to RZ20, turn on "Activate Maintenence Function" and then go to my MTE. I then choose "Views > Status Autoreaction" so I can see that the correct Method is assigned to the correct MTE. Then I double click on the Method name to manually kick off the auto-reaction. Then....nothing!

Again, test the logical command in SM69 and it works -- I can see the file at OS command being created.

I just can't see where the problem is. Obviously my method is not starting the logical op sys command, but I can't understand why.

The logical command is configured for SunOS, which is correct.

Could it be an Application Server issue? My CEN system has one central instance and an App server. Just to be sure I've added the test.sh script on both -- but still nothing.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks again,

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check for errors please proceed as follows

Rz20>CCMS Selfmonitoring Node>Moni Infra_<instance> >Tool Dispatching> Messages

Select Messages and click on the "Details" button

You should see a big log of the messages when dispatching the execution of the autorreaction method. Perhaps that can shed some light to what is happening

Hope this helps

regards

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly it does not help shed any light on the problem.

I see logs of the auto-reaction method being called -- but no errors.

Annoying!

Any more thoughts. This is driving me crazy!

Nic