Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global configuration and substitute variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thank you for reading my issue.

Here is what I want to achieve

1) I want to have global properies for several EAR (ejb applications) that (the properties) are <b>NOT</b> contained in the EAR files themselves.

2) I want to be able to access(read) these properties from my Java Code

3) It will be great if the properties can be shared amongst several applications (EARs).

4) these properties must be persistent

I have asked around and I have been proposed to define Substitute Variables via SDM. And to include the names of the variables as values in the /META-INF/sap.global.application.properties in each of my EAR files. I have been told that the names of the SDM-defined substitute variables will be replaced at deployment time with their actual SDM-defined values. I am deploying normal EAR applications and NOT adapters, so I beleive I missed the point somewhere.

So what exactly does not work ? - the names of the substitute variables never get replaced.

Here are my questions :

1) Is this replacement possible at all ? Am I trying to do something that can work as described ?

2) If (1) is totally wrong, then how do I define global configuration for a application outside of my Java Code and EAR file ? Is there a tool or something ?

thank you,

Kaloyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fedia,

Have you ever got an answer to this, or have you figured it out? If so, can you post a step by step?

Nathan.