cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files after sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the development configurations perspective to create/sync a java project out of the inactive development workspace of my track.

If I now switch to the java perspective I can't see any files in the project's src folder. Switching to the resource perspective shows, that all files are available locally. The files are also existing in the DTR.

Why aren't those files shown in the java perspective?

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to make a refresh in the java perspective? What do you mean there are no files in src (maybe the src folder is definied as something else)? Have you created the project manually and tried to sync? Or did you use sync menu in DTR perspective without ever creating a project?.

If you want to initial sync a dev status from your collegues, do as follow:

1. Remove your not working project

2. In DTR perspective use create project (makes also the sync of the last checkin version)

And then everything should work (If not, you got a beer from me:-))

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I think I'll receive a beer from you now.

The Java DC already exists in the NWDI. I already tried to remove it from the local workspace and also used a different machine with a new NWDS installation.

I'm using the "Create project" function from the context menu in the development configurations perspective. This works fine for all DCs except my Java DC. All files are synced through "create project", but the Java perspective seems to be broken.

With src folder I meant the standard src/packages folder that is used for the java classes.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So to wich address should I send the beer (any preferences?)

Have you checked if there are any check-in conflicts open with this Java DC??

Had a similar problem where i can't get the actual sources 'caused by chek in conflicts.

Also always a good help is to use the version tree in DTR perspective to check the version history (merges and so on) of the files.

And last (for this question comes the second beer). Are you're using the right problem. I know stupid question, but believe me i often had this problem with my developers, that they use the wrong workspace (mostly use cons for hotfixes but never ever had transported the changes to that workspace).

Regards,

Daniel